Arrma we need stronger front lower arms on the 8th scale cars!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aliminum A-Arms aren't a bad thing on a 1/18th scale buggy or road car, but on a 1/8th scale basher would be terrible. By the time you have a 1/18th scale car so upgraded that you are deciding on Aluminum parts, you probably have enough driving skill to keep it off the walls and your crashes are fewer and further between. Also 1/18th stuff is slow, comparatively, and when it crashes carries much less weight or force into the initial crash. So the aluminum is less likely to bend or to break other parts. Put those aluminum arms on my Kraton and they would be unrecognizable by now. The flex in the A-Arms is needed, when you are sending a car this heavy, going this fast into the air. Of course into the air is not really the problem, it's the "into the ground" part that causes our worries. I would think that even with out crashes and cartwheels, the aluminum arms would bend and cause undo stress on surrounding parts. And beside all that, they would be pretty expensive for the size we would need. My 1/18 scale arms were $40 for the front and $40 for the back. They look cool, but the car doesn't ever see more than a couple inches of air.

Maybe on a Typhoon or Talion, that was setup strictly as a street speed machine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back