Arrma we need stronger front lower arms on the 8th scale cars!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rclegion

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Im very dissapointed with the lower front arms durability in my Senton! I also try to buy replacements from various online hobby shops and they're out of stock everywhere. Anybody else confronting the same issue?

I ordered extra when ordering the truck but when i saw how stout they were i did not think i would need them.....i did rip the front bumper out of the frame due to a 20ft jump and nose plant and end over end roll..... it looks like on the senton the weak link is going to be the bumpers front and rear. to me that is a good thing they may break but protect the functioning parts of the truck. sorry... that's not what you asked ..... no we have not had a problem with durability yet. probably only 6.5 hrs run time with a bad driver "me" doing stupid stuff.... LOL

Send an email to the address below, asking if they are planning to make parts for your model. Maybe add that the same parts fit another vehicle. And be specific about your needs, I.E. control arms, hub carriers, etc. If they get enough traffic asking for Arrma vehicles, they'll take us more seriously. RPM Products make some excellent parts for other makes, including ECX, so I think a line for Arrma would be a good thing for them.

[email protected]

I have only seen a couple people break the Arms on any of the 1/8th 4wds. I've ran full speed into a porch, light pole and curb but never broke an arm. I broke a shock end, bent a shock shaft and even cracked that little front bumper, but never an arm.

I will say if you have had a horrible crash that broke an arm, check other parts. One guy kept breaking arms over and over, turned out he had broken other parts of the front assembly and never replaced. Can't remember what it was but once he replaced those other parts he didn't have anymore problems

I ordered extra when ordering the truck but when i saw how stout they were i did not think i would need them.....i did rip the front bumper out of the frame due to a 20ft jump and nose plant and end over end roll..... it looks like on the senton the weak link is going to be the bumpers front and rear. to me that is a good thing they may break but protect the functioning parts of the truck. sorry... that's not what you asked ..... no we have not had a problem with durability yet. probably only 6.5 hrs run time with a bad driver "me" doing stupid stuff.... LOL
Sell me those extra arms! Can't find spares anywhere. theyre in back order or out of stock everywhere!

I will say if you have had a horrible crash that broke an arm, check other parts. One guy kept breaking arms over and over, turned out he had broken other parts of the front assembly and never replaced. Can't remember what it was but once he replaced those other parts he didn't have anymore problems
Not my case buddy truck is brand new and on the 2nd battery the left lower front control arm split in half after a medium size jump (nose landed).Ive been driving 1/8 buggys for the last 15 years and never saw a arm split in half like that! Maybe I just get a lemon :(

Send an email to the address below, asking if they are planning to make parts for your model. Maybe add that the same parts fit another vehicle. And be specific about your needs, I.E. control arms, hub carriers, etc. If they get enough traffic asking for Arrma vehicles, they'll take us more seriously. RPM Products make some excellent parts for other makes, including ECX, so I think a line for Arrma would be a good thing for them.

[email protected]
I will buddy. I love rpm parts I use them a lot in my traxxas rcs with no problems, I hope they made them in red color they will look awesome with all the stock red aluminum parts :)

Im bout to take my talion to the machine shop and have all the plastic peices cnc out of billet. If it doesn't cost to much i might sell them. Got to see what people thought are

Im bout to take my talion to the machine shop and have all the plastic peices cnc out of billet. If it doesn't cost to much i might sell them. Got to see what people thought are
thats cool but Im not a fan of aluminum arms bcz they are expensive and usually bend very easy.

I contacted RPM and they reply...looks like they're considering the idea of making parts for the Senton but I don't think that it will be in the near future, so please keep emailing them and showing interest. Meanwhile I ordered a set of TEAM DURANGO DESC10
Part# :TD330754 arms and they fit! Also if you install a small 6mm washer between the pivot ball and the arm they last longer. Hope this help somebody.

I'm glad I found this thread because my left front just snapped today. I did notice before the break my senton seems to be rolling over a lot more than usual. I did install the duratrax lockups but I didn't notice it until the last couple runs. I'm looking at stock plastic replacements ,but I too would love some red aluminum to show off and strengthen the beast.

Attachments

• IMG_0805.JPG
    IMG_0805.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 71
Guys the short arms are simply not flexible enough in a crash and they break. When you get the repalcements just boil them in hot water for an hour, let them cool and you will be set.

Im very dissapointed with the lower front arms durability in my Senton! I also try to buy replacements from various online hobby shops and they're out of stock everywhere. Anybody else confronting the same issue?

I just broke a front upper suspension on on the 2nd run of my Kraton. This is my first eighth scale, and I noticed it is so much heavier than any plastic chassis 1/10 scale. Are there any aluminum arms front and rear for the Kraton? This truck has a awesome aluminum chassis, just needs suspension arms to match.

Do you feel that making the arms aluminum transfers "un-do" stress to the chassis? Is it by design that the arms are plastic and intended to be the sacrificial part? If that's the case, I'm glad they only cost $10, but it's still a pain to swap them out. I am also inclined to believe that the stock Talion tires put less stress on the arms of that platform.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back