ArrmaForum Fan Member 2016 - Arrma Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2290.PNG
Lucky Troll bring me a Kraton!!!!

Okay okay lets do this thing...

First and foremost thanks to everyone that joined this little gig and for all your support. It's been a lot of work but a ton of fun and you guys make doing these things worth it. So thank you!

Now lets find out who our lucky winners are...

Coming in second place and winning a bearing set of their choice from FastEddyBearings.com is: 25776 which belongs to @dpricenator

And the winner of the Arrma Kraton Prize Pack is...

arrma-kraton.jpg

Lucky number...

belonging to @DBBD!

Congrats to the winners and thanks again to everyone that joined and helped support ArrmaForum!

WOOT WOOT! Thanks for the contest, and the chance to support the forum.

Can I send you my Kraton and have you replace the bearing for me? I have no idea where I'll find the time for that. I guess I have to do the differential fluid anyway, so I'll do it at the same time.

Thank you to everyone here who takes the time to post there mods and tips. For many people a broken RC will just collect dust, but with your help, we are able to make the repairs and get back to bashing.

Ok guys, now that this has sunk in a little bit.

I really want to say thank you to everyone, especially WoodiE, the moderators and everyone else who has helped me and my sons get into this hobby.

I always wanted a "real" RC truck when I was a kid and, quite honestly, we couldn't afford the cost back then. When our oldest son showed some interest, we bought him a couple of department store RC toys that he quickly wore out or broke to the point of no fixing. A little over a year ago, I started researching RC trucks. Other brands came up in conversation, but they were a little pricey at the time for something we weren't sure was going to "stick".

Then, I stumbled on this forum and started researching ARRMA. Shortly after that, I found a good deal for a Fury through RC Planet and pulled the trigger. We've been hooked ever since.

The help we have received here has been immeasurable and, even if I hadn't won the Kraton, I feel like I have taken more from this forum than I could ever give back. From advice on chargers, batteries, repairs, mods and adjustments, you all have helped us tremendously.

I am a member of quite a few forums across the internet. In some forums - not just the RC world - it's intimidating to ask a question. Intentional or not, you can be made to feel a little foolish for not knowing something that is "basic" to those who have had experience in the particular subject for a long time. I never felt that here.

I thought about becoming a member a few times, but this giveaway pushed me over the edge. Most of you already know my story, but for those who don't, my oldest son has a 2014 Fury, and my youngest son is getting a 2016 for Christmas. Why should they have ALL the fun? So, I started to save some money for a 3rd Fury and was looking forward to the 3 of us running the trucks around in the local desert in mid-2017. Now, I am looking forward to running it with them at Christmas break!!

I have never won anything of value in my life, at least not anything over $10-15. To win this literally left me stunned. My gratitude cannot be expressed enough. Thank you again for the amazing giveaway and, most of all, this great forum.

Edit: My wife reminded me I did win some Rush concert tickets a couple of years ago. I suppose age gets all of us eventually.

Last edited:
Ok guys, now that I've let this sink in a little bit.

I really want to say thank you to everyone, especially WoodiE, the moderators and everyone else who has helped me and my sons get into this hobby.

I always wanted a "real" RC truck when I was a kid and, quite honestly, we couldn't afford the cost back then. Now that I have kids of my own, we bought my oldest son a couple of department store RC toys that he quickly wore out or broke to the point of no fixing. A little over a year ago, I started researching RC trucks and other brands came up a lot in my conversations, but they were a little pricey at the time for something we weren't sure was going to "stick".

Then, I stumbled on this forum and started researching ARRMA. Shortly after that, I stumbled on a good deal for a Fury through RC Planet and pulled the trigger. We've been hooked ever since. The help we have received here has been immeasurable and, even if I hadn't won the Kraton, I feel like I have taken more from this forum than I ever could give back. From advice on chargers, batteries, repairs, mods to adjustments, you all have helped us tremendously.

I am a member of quite a few forums across the internet. In some forums - not just the RC world - it's intimidating to ask a question or you sort of feel foolish for not knowing something that is "basic" to those who have been involved in whatever the subject is for a long time. I never felt that here.

I thought a few times about becoming a member, but this giveaway pushed me over the edge. Most of you already know my story, but for those who don't, my oldest son has a 2014 Fury, and my youngest son is getting a 2016 for Christmas. Why should they have ALL the fun? So, started to save some money for a 3rd Fury and was looking forward to the 3 of us running the trucks around in the local desert in mid-2017. Now, I am looking forward to running it with them at Christmas break!!

I have never won anything of value in my life, at least not anything over $10-15. To win this literally left me stunned. My gratitude cannot be expressed enough. Thank you again for the amazing giveaway and, most of all, this great forum.

Congratulations! Now the kids won't be able to keep up with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back