Typhon ArrmaForum Fan member raffle winning Typhon 6s build!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Hi everyone.
Again thank you All the Arrma forum fans, All the donations from: @PPS-RC, @HotdogCustoms, @FastEddy, @Doom! and @Camaroboy383!, and thank you Admins, especially WoodiE for running the ArrmaForum fan raffle.
I was hoping to do a build thread for this new Typhon 6s v5 🥳😁 sry still in shock I won!
So first thing, I’d love to get some advice on some initial things I need to do to the new rig! I’m not a millionaire, so I can’t buy everything 😂 but I’d like to add things that are best for general grass, dirt, pavement running. I would like to be able to do some jumping, and I like speed, so maybe doing some drag racing stuff I keep reading about. but I’m also new to this since March of this year.
So as soon as I get the rig I’ll be doing an unboxing photo shoot 😂 maybe a video if I can figure out how 😆

Again congrats! So couple things I'd suggest would be diff fluids, change to 20kR, 500kC, 50kF. Also I would look at some new tires as the Katars just don't hold up long especially with any on road use. I really like the Proline MX M2 buggy tires for off road and on road GRP S3. Also make sure to try and get a smaller dimension 6s soft pack or you'll have to raise your body posts for it to fit under the stock body. Enjoy the new rig the Typhon is a mean little buggy for sure and congrats again!

Again congrats! So couple things I'd suggest would be diff fluids, change to 20kR, 500kC, 50kF. Also I would look at some new tires as the Katars just don't hold up long especially with any on road use. I really like the Proline MX M2 buggy tires for off road and on road GRP S3. Also make sure to try and get a smaller dimension 6s soft pack or you'll have to raise your body posts for it to fit under the stock body. Enjoy the new rig the Typhon is a mean little buggy for sure and congrats again!
Cool ty, I got a few different batteries I can use either 2@3s or I have a couple zeee 6s soft packs I got for my k6s exb, one is brand new with ec5 connector on it lol 😂 perfect!

Dual packs will be harder to fit unless they are smaller compact packs. 6s zee pack should fit unless it's a larger pack like 6500+mAh. That's the one drawback about the Typhon is the limited space for the battery really wish it would have been addressed with the v5 models as it would have taken nothing to adjust the rear mount holes higher on the shock tower and make the front post a little longer. Maybe we can hope with the V6 they will make adjustments so you can run 6s or dual 3s packs with no issue as now it's honestly set up for a 4s pack even though it's a 6s rig.

Dual packs will be harder to fit unless they are smaller compact packs. 6s zee pack should fit unless it's a larger pack like 6500+mAh. That's the one drawback about the Typhon is the limited space for the battery really wish it would have been addressed with the v5 models as it would have taken nothing to adjust the rear mount holes higher on the shock tower and make the front post a little longer. Maybe we can hope with the V6 they will make adjustments so you can run 6s or dual 3s packs with no issue as now it's honestly set up for a 4s pack even though it's a 6s rig.
I looked at the Arrma parts for the typhon s battery tray and it’s the same as on my exb, so the packs I have will fit, phewwww 😂 dodged a battery on that one 😂

I looked at the Arrma parts for the typhon s battery tray and it’s the same as on my exb, so the packs I have will fit, phewwww 😂 dodged a battery on that one 😂
Except not though as the EXB's body doesn't curve down at the end of the battery tray like the Typhon. It's not the tray itself it's the body that causes the issue as it sits so low in the rear. You can fit a big pack in the tray no problem but again the body won't go on because of the shape.

Anyone have any pictures of different front bumpers they have on there t6s?
Here is a pic of my 6s Typhon, mine is a v4 not sure if the bumpers are the same on the v5. Anyhow, mine is sporting a Tbone front bumper.

PSX_20210610_194347.jpg

Congratulations! Typhon 6s is awesome. I'd just get another set of road tires and maybe a spare set of the katars and that tbone bumper mentioned above. Have fun!

Ok guys I got a few parts I might use on this typhon that I was going to use for my k6exb, I have already: a PPS adjustable motor mount, the m2c emulsion shock caps and insides parts for the shocks, a powerhobby 2-12s cap pack, a wing for a 6s arrma I got by accident 😂, ordered: a wheelie bar, an ARRMASkinZ chassis sticker, the parts to add a center brace (ty bashingbrian), a clear body(cause I want to be original), and enthusiasm 😛!!
I’ll let y’all know as soon as I get it….

Oh yeah I can’t decide if I should get a receiver to run it with my radiolink rc6gs transmitter, or run the spectrum transmitter and receiver it comes with?

Ok guys I got a few parts I might use on this typhon that I was going to use for my k6exb, I have already: a PPS adjustable motor mount, the m2c emulsion shock caps and insides parts for the shocks, a powerhobby 2-12s cap pack, a wing for a 6s arrma I got by accident 😂, ordered: a wheelie bar, an ARRMASkinZ chassis sticker, the parts to add a center brace (ty bashingbrian), a clear body(cause I want to be original), and enthusiasm 😛!!
I’ll let y’all know as soon as I get it….

Oh yeah I can’t decide if I should get a receiver to run it with my radiolink rc6gs transmitter, or run the spectrum transmitter and receiver it comes with?
Awesome man sounds like it's going to get some awesome upgrades! And I'd highly suggest picking up a new reciever for the RC6GS as the Spektrum is known to have issues. Only reciever I've ever had cause a rig to take off out of no where or sometimes when turning on doesn't read right and stutters so will need turned off and back on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back