Arrrma Granite Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
Looking for some information on the best motor/esc combo to put in my Arrrma Granite Build. Definitely want something fast. I was thinking of going with the BLX120 and 2400kv. I was told by a local hobby shop that Arrrma makes great RC’s, but the only thing they see going bad is their electronics. So with that being said, I’m possibly looking to do Hobbywing or Castle Creations set up. Let me know your thoughts, what experience you’ve had with any of the three, etc....

Only issue I have ever seen is the blx100 and the stx2 radio. Other then that great rigs. The blx 120 setup would be a great improvement. The blx185 setup would be an absolute monster. But like he said the diff will not take it long

Nice. I’ve already got rid of the stx2. Running the fs gt5 on my BR3S. I’ll just buy another receiver for the Granite build. I’m thinking the blx185 would be great for my BR3S, it’s got some weight because of all the upgrades. I’m thinking the blx120 would make the Granite fly. Stayed with all plastic this time. Obviously all the aluminum looks nice, but definitely slows you down a bit. Just having fun and spending money. Who wants to play golf!?

Looking for some information on the best motor/esc combo to put in my Arrrma Granite Build. Definitely want something fast. I was thinking of going with the BLX120 and 2400kv. I was told by a local hobby shop that Arrrma makes great RC’s, but the only thing they see going bad is their electronics. So with that being said, I’m possibly looking to do Hobbywing or Castle Creations set up. Let me know your thoughts, what experience you’ve had with any of the three, etc....
I’m running the BLX120 and 2400kv combo in my Granite. I can’t imagine you would ever want more. The thing is just too small to possibly need more.

Thanks fellas! I gotta couple of weeks before I make my final decision. Just wanted some good ideas from experienced RC bashers/racers.
FYI, Just ran my BR3S at the local park in the neighborhood. Came home to clean it off and found another GPM tie rod end broken.?? Look I thought I was doing something good buying these, the stock ones are cheaper and more durable. Lesson learned. It wouldn’t be so bad if I could find replacement ends. Nope! The thread is a M5 and nobody seems to know where to get them. The factory is shut down because of the corona virus.?
4C699910-E91B-4CF6-969F-787F30A7702F.jpeg

You guys running 3s or 4s with those?

Last edited:
Nice! I bet that things a beast with the blx120 on 4s.
Yeah it’s probably just as fun on the 3S system. 4S only helps on rotation in the air. It’s hard to get it up to speed all the way as it has so much power it will just wheelie at any speed. You will need a lot of run up to get it WOT.

I ordered the steel slipper and 20t pinion. No aluminum on this one. (No extra weight) The Granite should fly!?

Nice. I’ve already got rid of the stx2. Running the fs gt5 on my BR3S. I’ll just buy another receiver for the Granite build. I’m thinking the blx185 would be great for my BR3S, it’s got some weight because of all the upgrades. I’m thinking the blx120 would make the Granite fly. Stayed with all plastic this time. Obviously all the aluminum looks nice, but definitely slows you down a bit. Just having fun and spending money. Who wants to play golf!?
I'll play some stick... just jot in the snow! Maybe I can rig a ball scoop and take the Rac to the course to fetch T shots... ?

I'll play some stick... just jot in the snow! Maybe I can rig a ball scoop and take the Rac to the course to fetch T shots... ?
I got clubs, not using them much. A lot more fun building and bashing RC's!

0A5AAE83-A6F8-433A-AF37-9D18254784E8.jpeg

Getting close! Installed the Typhon shocks, they’re A+! So glad I upgraded. Waiting on my receiver and I’ll drop the Blx120 ESC and 2400kv motor combo in this beast. Running 17mm proline trenchers on it to start. I already have the badlands on my BR3S if I want to switch them out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back