Arrrma Granite shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
I was trying to build another set of hot racing shocks for my Granite. Bought all the parts, but the HR bodies cannot be found anywhere. Does anyone know if they’ve been discontinued for the 3s models or what? With that being said what are my options now? I’m not putting the stock shocks on because I know they’ll leak within a week or two. Let me know what some of you guys are running and what luck you’re having. Thanks

I was trying to build another set of hot racing shocks for my Granite. Bought all the parts, but the HR bodies cannot be found anywhere. Does anyone know if they’ve been discontinued for the 3s models or what? With that being said what are my options now? I’m not putting the stock shocks on because I know they’ll leak within a week or two. Let me know what some of you guys are running and what luck you’re having. Thanks
The typhon 6S shocks on the 3S models are a popular pick for most... I run them on my BRCC and I love them, no problems at all

Hi Harriot10,

In the search bar type 3S SHOCK UPGRADE and you should come across a post from another member that recommended adding o-rings to the existing shock cartridge. I did the o-ring upgrade for small $$ cause I just can't believe the stock shocks are worthless. Would like to get a couple seasons out of them if possible cause you do pay for something in an ARRMA that you'd like to keep on the truck for a little time...good luck and Happy RCing !

There is definitely something going on with Hot Racing at the moment, no one knows for sure exactly what, speculation is that they closed their doors.

If you can find them the shocks off the 6s Typhon work great, check Jenny's rc daily.

These are another option ZD Racing Shocks -

Front: 110mm eye to eye https://www.banggood.com/2PCS-8002-...rmmds=detail-bottom-alsolike&cur_warehouse=CN
Rear: 132mm eye to eye https://www.banggood.com/2PCS-8001-...rmmds=detail-bottom-alsolike&cur_warehouse=CN

This thread also has a list of alternatives as well.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-blx-4s-shocks-upgrades-and-information.7413/

Do I need to make ay mods if I’m adding the Typhon 6s shocks? Looks like the top hole on the shock cap is larger!

Do I need to make ay mods if I’m adding the Typhon 6s shocks? Looks like the top hole on the shock cap is larger!
Just use a small piece of tubing or a plastic bushing.

Thanks fellas! Looks like I just bought a bunch of 3s shock parts for nothing. I’ll put them in the box. I’ll need them some day. Now it’s time to find some typhon shocks. JRC is out. eBay has set for $80 with shipping?

Thanks fellas! Looks like I just bought a bunch of 3s shock parts for nothing. I’ll put them in the box. I’ll need them some day. Now it’s time to find some typhon shocks. JRC is out. eBay has set for $80 with shipping?
You should be so lucky to find a set anywhere.

Dang at that price you might as well get Teknos.

Hot Racing distributor Hobby Etc in NH is currently moving locations. They will be back up and running sometime this week.

Hot Racing distributor Hobby Etc in NH is currently moving locations. They will be back up and running sometime this week.
Hobby Etc stock is 0! I’ve looked everywhere. No dice!

Lumidave has a set of Typhon 6s shocks I seen last night on Fleabay, but for $80.

Bottom might need a spacer and longer screw and the top needs this Axial part number AXA1356 https://www.amazon.com/Axial-AXA1356-Silicone-Shock-Bushing/dp/B0051W7R1M
Thanks for the tip. Those Axial bushings worked perfectly.
F55A172D-CB9D-48CD-907C-21BE46F4B873.jpeg

Attachments

• 4E0CE676-341A-4A43-94B2-7EC4E234CC50.jpeg
    4E0CE676-341A-4A43-94B2-7EC4E234CC50.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 35
Still no luck on the HR bodies for 3s. Found a set of fronts on eBay, but NOBODY has them. Crazy how they just stop selling stuff. IDK, maybe the corona virus has something to do with the shortage of parts. Most of this stuff comes from China.

Still no luck on the HR bodies for 3s. Found a set of fronts on eBay, but NOBODY has them. Crazy how they just stop selling stuff. IDK, maybe the corona virus has something to do with the shortage of parts. Most of this stuff comes from China.
Yes it does go look on Amazon at how much is now unavailable and even ebay and wish. Its ridiculous.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back