Arrrma Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
Looking for some new tires for my Granite. Running the Proline Trenchers on it now, not getting much traction. Anyone had any luck with the Duratrax tires? (Six pack, Lockup, Bandito)

Badlands MX28 are my favorite for the Granite.
I have a pair of the Badlands on my BR3S. Just didn’t want two sets, so I tried the Trenchers. Maybe I’ll do a switch.

I have a pair of the Badlands on my BR3S. Just didn’t want two sets, so I tried the Trenchers. Maybe I’ll do a switch.
I disliked my Trenchers too. No grip at all. The MX28s have good straight line traction, but limited lateral traction, which can be good to reduce traction rolling.

Yeah my Granite just fishtails with the Trenchers. Only way can keep it straight is feathering the throttle. Just thought the Lockup’s might do well, similar tread pattern to the Badlands

Yeah my Granite just fishtails with the Trenchers. Only way can keep it straight is feathering the throttle. Just thought the Lockup’s might do well, similar tread pattern to the Badlands
I have buggy Lockups and they are super traction in all directions, including lateral. So you will traction roll more. Just a heads up if that matters.

I have buggy Lockups and they are super traction in all directions, including lateral. So you will traction roll more. Just a heads up if that matters.
What about these?
Duratrax Lockup MT Belted 2.8 2WD Mounted Rear Tires, 0 Offset, Black (2), DTXC5517

Did you buy just the tires and mount them or the pre mounted F11 wheels that Proline sells. I’m guessing that you need 17mm hex adapters. Anything else?
I have the Hot Racing 17mm hex adapters on my Big Rock and Granite. Running pre mounted Prolines F11 on both. Just looking for another option for my Granite. Trenchers aren't cutting it. The set of Badlands on my Big Rock work well. Really looking for some feedback on the Darutrax line. I'm willing to buy another pre mounted set.

Got all my packs charged up. Time to go out and do some social distancing! I switched the Trenchers to my BR and Badlands on the Granite now. We’ll see what happens ??
ABA0BA9A-A008-4DCD-B564-FB10CF059DC7.jpeg
B17D5BC2-25C2-432E-96FA-D76B0C957220.jpeg

UPDATE! After the switch, everything worked out perfectly. Badlands definitely made a huge difference on the Granite. Traction was way better, wide open on 4s. Trenchers were good too on the BR, handles better with the longer chassis. Also running on 4s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back