Granite Arts and crafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domapen79

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
We started the design process. It's hard to make him wait and do it slow. Just working on his primer.

20220521_181614.jpg

20220521_201042.jpg

20220521_202554.jpg

Now that you already did it tho, you could always paint the underside metal similar to the "real steel" effect arrma does with the notorious.

Biggest issue painting the outside is the paint is gonna chip off quickly most likely regardless of prep.

I tried it once, never again.

Granite 4x4
I believe you got the body for the granite voltage. The bottom is thinner and won’t cover the chassis from wheel to wheel. I made the same mistake once but fortunately I also had a voltage so just did it for that car.

I believe you got the body for the granite voltage. The bottom is thinner and won’t cover the chassis from wheel to wheel. I made the same mistake once but fortunately I also had a voltage so just did it for that car.

You made me double check. They fit right on. It's for the granite.

20220522_161838.jpg

20220522_161845.jpg

You made me double check. They fit right on. It's for the granite.

View attachment 219173

View attachment 219174
Look at the side view and you will see what I mean. Compare the side bottom part to the stock granite body
Of course it’ll still work, it’s just a bit deceiving how they market it. They don’t say it for the 2 Wheel Dr. granite it just says granite. Kind of pissed me off when it happened to me.
The one that cost $39 is the actual stock 4 x 4 Granite shell. I forgot that they called the other one 4 x 4 also. Main thing is it doesn’t fully extend the length of the chassis at the bottom of the shell.
When I got the actual 4 x 4 shell and started working on it I was extremely disappointed. The plastic was so thin that it cracked under the pressure of taping the body. I complained, sent it back and got a pro line buddy.

Attachments

• 040D9008-2D12-48C3-9C2B-237AF7202175.png
    040D9008-2D12-48C3-9C2B-237AF7202175.png
    353.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 304F8464-1949-4596-BE93-883C571CBE5B.png
    304F8464-1949-4596-BE93-883C571CBE5B.png
    362.8 KB · Views: 17
I see what your saying. We haven't tried to drive them yet. You are 100 percent correct. Need to see how it drives. Apparently I'm painting them wrong so we are just going to drive them out.

I see what your saying. We haven't tried to drive them yet. You are 100 percent correct. Need to see how it drives. Apparently I'm painting them wrong so we are just going to drive them out.

It's not the end of the world, they'll still turn out great. Just won't stay looking nice as long painted on the outside.

And like I said you could always paint the underside a metal color or anything and as the outside chips away you'll have a different color underneath.

It will drive fine. when I first got into this hobby I took one of my stock voltage bodies and painted on the outside. It was my first attempt to paint. It did chip but it also didn’t really matter, especially if you’re using them as bash bodies.

I wasn’t trying to hack on you. I did the same thing you did…it’s just part of the learning curve. It did teach me to be super careful. The next time you get a body check out Jconcepts. Their plastic is the toughest I’ve come across so far, better than stock and proline. Enjoy beating the crud out of them!

Like crunchy said, paint the inside of the body so when the outside scratches a different color will show through. On bodies like the big rock and Notorious, that are painted on the outside by the factory, I’ll paint the inside orange-red so it looks like rust where it gets scratched.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back