Typhon Arx100

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aristotle99

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
My rommie has a typhoon. With a Arx 100 receiver. Can't find anywhere.. He's just me into RC, but he's not super computer savy. Any help?? New to the site. Thanks in advance

Sorry, didn't proof read before I sent it. Looking to find the arx100 receiver. Can find anywhere, everyone is out?? Any reason?

Yeah, the question is not clear...

But that Rx was for the V1 Arrma's. now discontinued. I have two of those systems, they are decent, solid, budget radios. With that said, if you are missing either the TX or the RX, I feel the better value would be to buy a whole new radio system. Personally, I run a TS4G from HobbyKing. About $50, lots of programing option. There is a new version over on Banggood.com called the RS4Gs. Same radio, but newer model, faster signal, supposed to be less interference too.

https://www.banggood.com/RadioLink-...for-RC-Car-Boat-4-p-1169456.html?rmmds=search

If $60 is too rich, then here is a basic Flysky system for about $20 - https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbyking-gt2e-afhds-2a-2-4ghz-2-channel-radio-system.html
Worth pointing out, the ATX100 system was a rebranded Flysky, I am pretty sure.

Last edited:
Ok. I follow ya, I'm just getting back into RC after about 25 years. Lol. Quit drinking, so Im getting a few toys. My roomie bought the Typhon. Worked great the other day. Then nothing the next. We diagnosed it the Rx. Didn't know it was discontinued tho. Thanks for the help. New gear on order. TS4G. Thanks again.

One thing you need to do with the RC4G / TS4G radios that is not listed in the manual - first thing - FIRST THING- set the fail safe. In the menu, it is #20 or 21. Select a channel, (like channel 1 for steering) then use the wheel to set the fail safe position. Then the channel 2 / throttle. If the Rx loses signal, it will default to these settings. By factory default, the fail safe is set to throttle 100%, steering full right. That might be good for a plane or a boat, but for a car, it is disaster waiting to happen (like when you set the car on a work bench powered on and then shut off the radio first... it gets exciting... LOL)

Also, if you use the model memory, don't forget to set the fail safe for the new MM slot each time you start a 'new' slot.

Ok. I follow ya, I'm just getting back into RC after about 25 years. Lol. Quit drinking, so Im getting a few toys. My roomie bought the Typhon. Worked great the other day. Then nothing the next. We diagnosed it the Rx. Didn't know it was discontinued tho. Thanks for the help. New gear on order. TS4G. Thanks again.

Why quit drinking?! Just don't do them together. ;-)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back