Mojave Attack Light bar MyTrickRC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jminjares

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at lights for my mojave to use and I like the 5” Attack Light bar but I don’t understand how to power it with my receiver. I’ve never put on aftermarket lights before and I don’t want to fry or short anything out. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

for reference I only run a 6s, have a cheapy amazon fan on my motor, and my receiver is the dumbo x6f
my esc and motor is the stock one it comes with

You will also need a switching lighting controller. For separate light power control. Apex makes one. AMZ. Inexpensive. You will need an available open Receiver 3rd channel that is switched at the radio. Radio just needs to have that 3rd channel switch for remote control switching at the radio.
You could always just have the light ON all the time when you turn On the rig by plugging in the light plug into any open Receiver Channel. Depends if you want switching control or not of your light bar.

https://www.amazon.com/Apex-RC-Products-Electronic-Channel/dp/B07BKSGW3D/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3O6NAA9W1PVXS&keywords=apex+light+controller+rc&qid=1672360173&sprefix=apex+light+controller+rc,aps,151&sr=8-2

I run these on many lighted RC's , mostly my Crawlers.

You will also need a switching lighting controller. For separate light power control. Apex makes one. AMZ. Inexpensive. You will need an available open Receiver 3rd channel that is switched at the radio. Radio just needs to have that 3rd channel switch for remote control switching at the radio.
You could always just have the light ON all the time when you turn On the rig by plugging in the light plug into any open Receiver Channel. Depends if you want switching control or not of your light bar.

https://www.amazon.com/Apex-RC-Products-Electronic-Channel/dp/B07BKSGW3D/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3O6NAA9W1PVXS&keywords=apex+light+controller+rc&qid=1672360173&sprefix=apex+light+controller+rc,aps,151&sr=8-2

I run these on many lighted RC's , mostly my Crawlers.
On my receiver and transmitter there is a 3rd channel is there a way to turn the light on and off that way?

If the radio has a 3rd channel button, it can be used to switch the lights on and off. But you will need the Switch Controller. I use the Apex ones, My Cralwers and a few of my other rigs. My Lim. and Tekno MT have lights. I speed run at night when there is no traffic. So I need lights.
Bashing will get the best of lighting, Get smashed etc. Been there. So be deliberate in planning where to place your lights. I think they are best mounted to the chassis, tucked behind the bumpers somehow, not on the body for Basher rigs. Just me. I mount them to use just for visibility. Not making them look true to any scale. My Crawlers I try to make them look more realistic to scale. 2 red Led's for the rear and 2 white Led's for the front are fine for me. Led's are inexpensive. Wire placement matters also. I like smaller 2 inch Light bars, for my Crawlers. MTRC (My Trick RC) has them. A good Lighting brand. Good prices.
The light bars need to be sealed to keep them WP, if you get your rigs wet. I sealed one and it's still going. The other one I did not seal it, and Water ruined it. My Crawler, which I run in the mud and snow and streams. Food for thought.
Plain single Leds are basically ok when they get wet.
Some ideas.:cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back