ATX300 Not turning all of the sudden.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirty5-3-0

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Voltage
It was working fine and one minute and now wont turn on at all. I checked AA battery voltage and they were 1.5 and still brand new. Im thinking a connection plate with the spring inside remote broke loose or something. Anyone else run into this? I will tear controller apart soon.

I've had this happen in several remotes over the years. Those battery holders just don't last.

Normally, when they start doing this, you can fiddle with the AA's, spin and wiggle them, and get the holder to make connection. But once it starts doing this, it will keep doing it, and start trying to ruin your day.

Amazon for replacement battery holders. Generic ones are cheap, but you will need to solder a JST plug on there. Or just buy a small 2s lipo with a JST and use that, with a Lipo alarm.

Last edited:
ok I spun batteries and checked them. when looking inside the remote where battery clip connects.... I could move one of the spring connectors back and forth but other was firm in place. I am going to take it apart and try gluing and if a wire broke, solder it. if not I may try method you mentioned here. Thanks for the wisdom :)

Do you have a multi-meter? If yes, take the battery tray out of the remote and check the voltage at the plug. If you have voltage there, the TX may had died. If you have no voltage a the plug, then the battery tray is dying.

(Is the Tactic battery tray removable? I don't know. Most remotes are, though. I need to check/)

I do have meter so I will check. whatever I find I will let you know so maybe we can help others in the future with these atx 300's

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back