Granite Audible Snap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Per Arrma, the correct slipper adjustment (assuming for brushed) is to tighten all the way to snug. Then back off 1/2 turn. On my brushless 3900KV-22t pinion, I am backing off 3/4 turn for insurance. Going reverse and slamming the throttle forward, your just asking for trouble. I'm making the extra 1/4 turn on the slipper for that unusual occurance when I might be on the throttle when landing a jump. I want it to slip in that instance and take the brunt of the driveline force. Like my spur gear ..... my slipper is original.
When you say "tight" you mean so the spring is fully compressed? Can that plastic nut reliably take that? Where I am now, I don't think I'm getting much slipping. Any tighter and I feel like it wouldn't slip at all. Maybe I need to make a jig with a torque wrench and find some numbers on how tight it needs to be!

Yes, spring fully compressed, but this is where you want to be careful .... compress it till the nut is 'snug'. What I mean by that .... until you start feeling resistance, and stop. I made the mistake of tightening it fully. I didn't break the nut, but I did have a huge problem trying to loosen it again. I actually set the slippage with the the spur assembly out of the motor module. I grab the spur with my hand and then 'snug' the nut with the wrench.... then back it back out 3/4 turn. Reassemble and install the motor module as normal.

I do have a Granite I just picked up for cheap. When I took the slipper apart, first thing I noticed was the slip was way too loose. When I looked at the pads, they definitely had wear. I reinstalled to the way I do it and the pads seem to be ok with just a few runs up and down the street. It looks like the pads can take some abuse before needing replacement. I may eat those words though, after I finally get it offroad down the park.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back