Kraton Aussie RC Playgrounds Brutally honest opinion of the K8S. Video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had this great idea that NO ONE thought of yet! I was going to post a picture of that dead horse below:

View attachment 65962

But then thought, NAW.. For what right?

Then I had an epiphany! Now, imagine this.. Some of you might have to think very hard about this. I think I've found the CURE!

U NO LIKE, U NO BUY!

U LIKE, U BUY!

Holy Bhallzz!! Im a genius!
Oh ok I thought this was a place for discussion but I guess it's not. People get too defensive of their trucks. But yeah nevermind its the greatest truck ever created with ZERO FLAWS. No need for arrma to take community feedback and constructive criticism into consideration. ITS AMAZING!!! And yes I no like so I no buy....Exactly.
ok I have taken the time to cut one session to mostly include the flips and cartwheels ... have a look, based on your statements you probably would expect more damage at 9degrees C than:

1x ARA330574 SHOCK SHAFT 5x102mm
1x ARA320492 WING MOUNT

fun fact, only by reviewing the 2minute video I realised how many times the Kraton actually had cartwheeled during that session so I wouldnt say its not durable looking at the total damage - chassis is straight
Do I really need to respond to that? Did I say it breaks everytime? Should I post 5 videos of arms snapping on tumbles? Or bent chassis'? Where are we going with this? Lol. I'm not saying its junk I'm just saying it has its flaws and needs improvements. And that's perfectly acceptable given its their first 8s truck and thr first version.

I'm not saying its junk I'm just saying it has its flaws and needs improvements.

"I too think the 8s Kraton *v1* is a fail. It's too heavy and that seems to make it break so easily. I've seen nothing but that truck constantly breaking and bending in all the videos I've watched."

The reason they didn't send him another free truck is because they didn't have one to send him. Vas said so himself.

Oh ok I thought this was a place for discussion but I guess it's not. People get too defensive of their trucks. But yeah nevermind its the greatest truck ever created with ZERO FLAWS. No need for arrma to take community feedback and constructive criticism into consideration. ITS AMAZING!!! And yes I no like so I no buy....Exactly.

Hit a nerve did I? You must have thought I was talking about you? Guilty conscious? It was more of a general statement. Or perhaps a "funny"... BTW, did you happen to read the last 10 pages of the EXACT same things you've managed to punch into your keyboard?

"I too think the 8s Kraton *v1* is a fail. It's too heavy and that seems to make it break so easily. I've seen nothing but that truck constantly breaking and bending in all the videos I've watched."

The reason they didn't send him another free truck is because they didn't have one to send him. Vas said so himself.
Hey Bam, I just find it hard to believe they didn't have a single truck they could get him? I mean not one single truck??? But I'm on both sides. I hear what vas is saying and needs to be further improvements to make it suitable for mild bashing. It would be fine for someone like me who barely leaves the ground lol. But I'd definitely be afraid to send it being a 900$ truck and almost 30lbs.
Hit a nerve did I? You must have thought I was talking about you? Guilty conscious? It was more of a general statement. Or perhaps a "funny"... BTW, did you happen to read the last 10 pages of the EXACT same things you've managed to punch into your keyboard?
Touche...I actually realized that after I replied ?

No doubt it has to do with him living in Australia. There are about 5-6 big RC stores over here, and almost every one of them have the 8's in stock. There's even one that has about 10 8's in stock (according to their website). Last week there was a notice on the US HorizonHobby website that there is going to be a new shipment of 8's in late February and the german HorizonHobby website has plenty of stock. It clearly has to do with geographical location. Sending just one (free) truck, and probably also covering shipping cost, is going to cost ARRMA way more than just waiting for a big shipment to be send to Australia.

Do I really need to respond to that? Did I say it breaks everytime? Should I post 5 videos of arms snapping on tumbles? Or bent chassis'? Where are we going with this? Lol. I'm not saying its junk I'm just saying it has its flaws and needs improvements. And that's perfectly acceptable given its their first 8s truck and thr first version.

Tumbles? 9 outta 10 video's I see are people admitting that their jump/driving behaviour might have caused the defect. It's not rocket science, a 30lb truck is going to leave it marks at a bad landing. If ARRMA would've built the entire truck from aluminum, it would not be a lot more durable than it is right now. Where ABS tends to break, aluminum tends to bend. And we all know that ABS parts are (a lot) cheaper than aluminum parts. So from a maintenance point of view, making the arms out of ABS is going to save the owner money. There's no standard for how high you should/could jump with a given truck. If you jump, you choose to risk damaging your truck. Granted, a product should be able to withstand the driving style it's advertised to do.

Last edited:
download.jpg

But I'd definitely be afraid to send it being a 900$ truck and almost 30lbs.
This is the fate of any very large flat plate chassis car. The bracing system is partly responsible but the chassis is the main culprit. There is NO flat plate RTR chassis that can survive jumping on any car that large or better. I have most of them: DBXL, DBXL-e, 5t, Baja 5t. MTXL, etc. They will all bend like crazy even being 5ft off the ground. You're paying $700-1500 for any any one of them just to get out the door. So the Kraton should be different because it has that name, or maybe it should come with a MUCH better chassis, which is already available. This is a bloody RTR & I refuse to trust any of that. Just like ANY RTR, you're paying for the platform first & what you do to it is up to you. Keep on going about it being $900 if you will but the ONLY thing that will keep ANY RTR from breaking all the time is upgrades. I don't need to watch a video of a RTR to know it has weaknesses. You even compare it to an X-Maxx, because it can handle jumps w/o breaking but I have 3 of the things & while it appears to be handling all that stuff internally you're bending the main driveshaft & grinding the diffs with all that bulkhead flexing. However, the diffs are made from weak powdered metal so they are dirt cheap to replace.

What is considered heavy about this K8?
Should we split hairs on its weight now? Size and weight is proportional. Also, it appears to be more balanced than a 6s Kraton in the air. Please educate me. I'm new to all this chassis stuff.:cool:

I have a question. It’s a little off topic but it has plagued me for years, especially when I was a kid. Why does dog poop turn white in the sun?

It's to do with the scale of the poop compared to the sun.

I have a question. It’s a little off topic but it has plagued me for years, especially when I was a kid. Why does dog poop turn white in the sun?
It's to do with the scale of the poop compared to the sun.

No, No, No.. It's got everything to do with its weight! A 30lb dump will bend the lawnmower blades.. No one is making that part yet! :ROFLMAO:

No, No, No.. It's got everything to do with its weight! A 30lb dump will bend the lawnmower blades.. No one is making that part yet! :ROFLMAO:

Just upgrade your lawnmower blades man. Their only $300. Then drive it around in circles. Round and around.

Hey Bam, I just find it hard to believe they didn't have a single truck they could get him? I mean not one single truck??? But I'm on both sides. I hear what vas is saying and needs to be further improvements to make it suitable for mild bashing. It would be fine for someone like me who barely leaves the ground lol. But I'd definitely be afraid to send it being a 900$ truck and almost 30lbs.

Touche...I actually realized that after I replied ?

Not to beat a dead horse but like I've said before, what happened to Vas's truck was atypical for what he showed on the video. And we have since discovered that $30 in carbon fiber tubing will remedy a lot of the issues.

Will Arrma ever remedy the chassis from bending under hard bashing? 4 versions of the 6S Kraton tells me no. I do think the A-arms breakages will decrease but how many of you run stock A-arms on your 6S Kraton?

Both my 6s Noto and Kraton eat rear arms. Rpm's or stock. The front Rpm and stock arms are fine except for periodic stripped upper arms with the PB 's. Both RPM and stock. I run stock chassis on both and stock towers. I might tweak a rear tower now and again. Hammers fairly straight no issue. I have tubed CF over the T2T on both. I jump small air repeatedly but at good speed. That's how I bash. I don't bash like I see on videos. I find that's how we rush and break everything fast. I find a median driving style appropriate to the model i drive. This allows more driving fun than bench time. Out the gate many have taken the K8 to its limit and beyond thinking it is unbreakable. Hence all the cry babies with their first experience owning something larger than 1/8 scale.
$900. for a 29 pound RTR rig does not mean its unbreakable.

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii t. Why are we still talking about this truck?! Buy it or don’t. End of story, this topic isn’t remotely interesting any more and exists because we don’t have enough to talk about.

Just be happy Tekno doesn’t make one so you don’t have to read about me praising it ?. Seriously though... these are toy trucks and disposable income. Do we really need to beat this dead horse?

Both my 6s Noto and Kraton eat rear arms. Rpm's or stock. The front Rpm and stock arms are fine except for periodic stripped upper arms with the PB 's. Both RPM and stock. I run stock chassis on both and stock towers. I might tweak a rear tower now and again. Hammers fairly straight no issue. I have tubed CF over the T2T on both. I jump small air repeatedly but at good speed. That's how I bash. I don't bash like I see on videos. I find that's how we rush and break everything fast. I find a median driving style appropriate to the model i drive. This allows more driving fun than bench time. Out the gate many have taken the K8 to its limit and beyond thinking it is unbreakable. Hence all the cry babies with their first experience owning something larger than 1/8 scale.
$900. for a 29 pound RTR rig does not mean its unbreakable.
I don't think too many of these Arrma babies actually exists. Sure there are a few on here with their first car being a K8S & having all the typical questions but that's par for the course with this being the best place to come to for these cars. As for my LHS, we had 18 trucks & none sold to 1st timers. I'm directly responsible for 6 of them since I took the truck to the other side of the woods for most of the time it was stock just to show it off. It's a bit too fast for such a crowded area now. It's a 2 mile long bike path littered with clearings & parks. You can really draw a crowd in the summer & it's where I go when I want to expose new people to the hobby. I'm on the FB group too & most of the problems there is the marine loctite in the center diff. But most there don't launch the thing into space.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back