Aux Typhon 3s lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastasscrass

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Looking to pick the collective brain..

I purchased a set of plug and play aux lights for my typhon 3s.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234244851842

I would ideally like to find a plug and play wireless switch like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Apex-RC-Products-Electronic-Channel/dp/B07BKSGW3D

I'm not sure if the stock remote is able to control another channel? Does anyone know if the SLT3 has this capability?

If a wireless switch is going to be a PITA I'll be fine with a plug and play manual switch.

If you guys could help point me in the right direction with thought or ideas that would be awesome.

Thanks!

The SLT3 has a third channel rocker switch near the trigger on the grip.. That Apex controller will work nicely. I used the exact same ones. Just plug into the third channel on the Receiver and you are good. If I remember, the 3 rd channel was already active once installed. But the Radio manual will help you sort that out. I did this with my Crawlers and a few Basher rigs. I stuffed the Apex controller inside the Rx box, to stay clean and dry. It is small and thin.

Last edited:
The SLT3 has a third channel rocker switch near the trigger on the grip.. That Apex controller will work nicely. I used the exact same ones. Just plug into the third channel on the Receiver and you are good. If I remember, the 3 rd channel was already active once installed. But the Radio manual will help you sort that out. I did this with my Crawlers and a few Basher rigs. I stuffed the Apex controller inside the Rx box, to stay clean and dry. It is small and thin.
Awesome, this is gonna be so cool.

30 years ago I used to wire Christmas lights to 9v batteries with electrical tape and rubber bands for headlights so I'm basically drooling right now.

I got that exact switch today and installed it. It works but to keep the switch on you must keep the button on the transmitter pressed. Rather than wrap a rubber band around the controller, is there a work around or another switch that will stay on from a single press?

Most radios, in the manual will tell you how to make a change from a momentary ON position to a Toggled On/Off.
I don't know the SLT3 that well to see how channel 3 can be toggled. If possible at all, only the manual will advise on this procedure.
I have the RTR TTX300 radio which per the manual allowed for both a momentary Toggle ON and full ON/OFF setting of the channel. Any decent radio allows this customization for all types of accessories on an Aux channel. A scale Winch on a Crawler for instance would use a momentary switch. Yet Lights would need a full toggled ON/OFF setting. In your case Aux channel 3 needs to accomodate that.
Good luck. :cool:

I got that exact switch today and installed it. It works but to keep the switch on you must keep the button on the transmitter pressed. Rather than wrap a rubber band around the controller, is there a work around or another switch that will stay on from a single press?

Yes.
There's a way with another circuit controller that you can get.. I'll have to look it up on what I did when I get home later this afternoon.

But, it can be done.

Most radios, in the manual will tell you how to make a change from a momentary ON position to a Toggled On/Off.
I don't know the SLT3 that well to see how channel 3 can be toggled. If possible at all, only the manual will advise on this procedure.
I have the RTR TTX300 radio which per the manual allowed for both a momentary Toggle ON and full ON/OFF setting of the channel. Any decent radio allows this customization for all types of accessories on an Aux channel. A scale Winch on a Crawler for instance would use a momentary switch. Yet Lights would need a full toggled ON/OFF setting. In your case Aux channel 3 needs to accomodate that.
Good luck. :cool:

I checked the manual for the SLT3 Transmitter and the only reference to the 3rd channel I found was this "Channel 3 3 position momentary switch, middle position is neutral". I'm going to assume the function of the button is not customizable. :(

Yes.
There's a way with another circuit controller that you can get.. I'll have to look it up on what I did when I get home later this afternoon.

But, it can be done.
Hey Tex,

I recieved those lights from Murat today. Any luck looking for that circuit controller that stays on?

I was thinking barring a circuit controller that stays on I may replace the switch with a micro toggle or just use a rubber band on the controller.

Hey Tex,

I recieved those lights from Murat today. Any luck looking for that circuit controller that stays on?

I was thinking barring a circuit controller that stays on I may replace the switch with a micro toggle or just use a rubber band on the controller.

I was trying to remember Who was asking about this..
and on which thread it was from..
I'm getting old.

Glad you tagged me, otherwise I wouldn't have recalled who it was..

Any how ,this is the circuit >
(It came with the LED light when I purchased it.)

1667596927559.png

It has to have this mechanical switch on the PCB..
At least for the one that works with the STL3 Remote's Aux channel.

For it to operate via remote, you have to click UP on 3rd channel to Activate & then click DOWN to toggle the different modes. [On, Pulse, Strobe, OFF}
Very handy.

Last edited:
I was trying to remember Who was asking about this..
and on which thread it was from..
I'm getting old.

Glad you tagged me, otherwise I wouldn't have recalled who it was..

Any how ,this is the circuit >
(It came with the LED light when I purchased it.)

View attachment 254367

It has to have this mechanical switch on the PCB..
At least for the one that works with the STL3 Remote's Aux channel.

For it to operate via remote, you have to click UP on 3rd channel to Activate & then click DOWN to toggle the different modes. [On, Pulse, Strobe, OFF}
Very handy.

If I only knew the name! Haha it's all good thanks for getting back to me. I have to go to the store later today for a servo, I'll ask around and see if any of those guys might know.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back