Kraton AVC..can someone tell me something more?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoriLiam

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I saw some video on the tube about this feature.. do we have it on the k6s? Is it present on the transmitter? Futaba t4px . If yes, how do you use it? Open or more closer?

I saw some video on the tube about this feature.. do we have it on the k6s? Is it present on the transmitter? Futaba t4px . If yes, how do you use it? Open or more closer?
Not on Kraton 6s. Available with certain (alternate than Arrma stock receivers / radio systems.) 2WD benefits most with this feature imo. You can search the benefits online or youtube and see what it's good for in RC surface but 4wd vehicles are lower on the list of those. Good on the ground but in the air (off of a ramp) they can over-correct and possibly cause a feeling of less control or dis-connection to the vehicle.
I find it to be less useful for a bashing setup.

Futaba may have a receiver with gyro or similar function.

Spektrum calls it Avc= active vehicle control
traxxas calls it Tsm= traxxas stability management
these two are basically the same
they counter steer to prevent wipeouts at high speeds
I don’t know what futaba calls it but I’m sure they have an equivalent feature
I like spektrum high end transmitters but the cheap ones are sh!t

Spektrum calls it Avc= active vehicle control
traxxas calls it Tsm= traxxas stability management
these two are basically the same
they counter steer to prevent wipeouts at high speeds
I don’t know what futaba calls it but I’m sure they have an equivalent feature
I like spektrum high end transmitters but the cheap ones are sh!t
thanks for the explication... now to the most experienced users... how do futaba call the avc?

I always turn it off. I like to be in control. Wether good bad or ugly.
I think its slightly different - your aim should be to dial it down and eventually turn it off as it means you actually fully control the vehicle and you've sharpened your control skills

Spektrum AVC claims to
On-demand traction control
Independent adjustment of steering and throttle management
Heading lock feature for high-speed acceleration
Driver priority software keeps you, not the system, in control
Throttle assist to prevent fishtailing and spin outs

well I'd say lets discuss what is useful and what isn't? my perspective:
NO - On-demand traction control
Yes - Independent adjustment of steering and throttle management
NO - Heading lock feature for high-speed acceleration
Yes - Driver priority software keeps you, not the system, in control
Yes - Throttle assist to prevent fishtailing and spin outs

the ones I consider useful are aimed to allow you to improve your skills while the other two from my perspective are to hit throttle without actually thinking about it and just to enjoy the speed or just thrashing it like you stole it ...

Traxxas TSM
just works?!, you turn the model on and you control it via the knob on the TQI transmitter, so there is no calibration taking place. it also isnt enabled at all times only when you use throttle - which makes me think this may be more proportional (considering its also on a dial) compared to a true heading hold gyro - which will correct at all times like the Spektrum/Futaba ones as it reads the input from the gyro and outputs the corrections according to the set "offsets/gains" (your specific settings)

Futaba AVCS
AVCS is what I consider a true legacy heading hold gyro as you are not even allowed to trim or mix with these gyros as it will work everything out depending on how the model behaves - which again to me is legacy behaviour of heading hold gyros
AVCS is controlled by a dial which mainly just in/decreases the gyro gain itself and has 2 modes normal and AVCS - with AVCS in normal it doest fully correct to heading hold but only counters pushes off steering direction but it wont pull the tail round as in heading hold

Generally I'd say Spektrum AVCS is the most advanced and versatile option for surface models on the market today which allows you to really progress your skills or assist/train in specific areas only unlike the other two options

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back