Outcast Avc in the outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reubydoobe

Reuby Doobe
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
Is it the next best thing, personally after using my 8s with it turned down for a year and getting the 6s outcast EXB with it set low I'd say yep. I can only see less breakage better stunts and more smile for me. No more full throttle and hope I've nailed it just send and enjoy.

Videoframe_20210801_162139_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

Is it the next best thing, personally after using my 8s with it turned down for a year and getting the 6s outcast EXB with it set low I'd say yep. I can only see less breakage better stunts and more smile for me. No more full throttle and hope I've nailed it just send and enjoy.

View attachment 161979
Don't know why, but I could not stand it. But all depends on how and where you drive I assume.

For me the AVC/heading hold was causing havoc during the jump, tires went everywhere but where I needed them and caused more bad landings.
Turned it off for that reason.

If running in a field and turning sharp corners I like it. When jumping I cannot stand it. As shown as it leaves the jump the wheels turn one direction. Can really throw you off sometimes.

Even popping wheelies was cumbersome. You lift the front and the wheels kind of do their own thing.

If running in a field and turning sharp corners I like it. When jumping I cannot stand it. As shown as it leaves the jump the wheels turn one direction. Can really throw you off sometimes.

Even popping wheelies was cumbersome. You lift the front and the wheels kind of do their own thing.
I think I stopped that by turning it down, a mate of mine bought his kraton to the beach and that wouldn't steer straight on the pebbles I think that was due to the Avc trying to get the direction right.
I may try it without once I get the truck back 👍

Turning AVC down doesn't change the 'heading hold' function, which causes the tires to go sideways when mid air. Unfortunately, they are 2 separate functions.

Turning AVC down doesn't change the 'heading hold' function, which causes the tires to go sideways when mid air. Unfortunately, they are 2 separate functions.
That makes for interesting barrel rolls though 🙄👍

Well 1st run without it and it was OK but definitely more roof landing and bad crashes. The stunts were possible but not as easy with on and turned down. I'm still not convinced it's a bad thing

IMG_20210822_134023.jpg

I turn it off entirely on my rigs. However, having a gyro assist is a good feature to have in an rtr, imo, since it gives people the option to use or not use it as they see fit. It isn't a selling feature for me, since I know I won't use it, but that doesn't mean it isn't an attractive feature for others.

I wish it was easier to turn on and off too, like completely off..!!
Yea right took me age's yesterday trying to turn It off. I'd like to turn it on at the press of button or at least turn it off on the knob. I might put the dumbrock radio in as that has a giro effect and see if that's any different. I'm tempted to leave it on as the outcast did some incredible stunts with it on and turned down. Today it just crash landed more 😏

Its just me then 😭😭😭😂😂

I like AVC.....went as far as adding it to my Big Rock and Granite...as stated a mixed bag here. Also as stated my style of RC is not jumping I love the ground and different terrains as my challenge so AVC makes bashing for me more fun so I can do what I want to do....vs all that power spinning me in circles. Again, my style is not like most here :) and DX5C gives me few more options over the stock radio...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back