Kraton AVC Not Working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTJox1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I am trying to bind my Spektrum Dx5C and SR6200A receiver in my Kraton v4. I am able to get it bound, but my AVC is not working? It worked momentarily before I turned off the truck to complete calibration. After turning it off to complete the bind...NO AVC!?

Receiver link: https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMSR6200A

Has anyone else had this problem getting AVC to work on Kraton v4 after a successful bind? Thanks!!?!?!

Last edited:
Never heard of SR6200 rx. I have the SRS6000 AVC reciever with my DX5C. It is the older style that uses a bind plug to bind. Not a button on the RX. like the new Rx's have.
What model do you have?
By default AVC is ON. Mine uses the bind Plug and a procedure to disable AVC. Check your radio AVC settings. Make sure AVC is "Assigned" not "Inhibited" in the Radio menu. Refer to your Radio manual for setting up AVC Rx's. It is specific and different than binding regular Non AVC Rx's. Also it is important make sure the RX is mounted in the RX firmly with servo tape or similar. When turning on the car/rig Radio on first then rig is on level surface and without moving it power the rig on. It takes a bit for the AVC to initialize. Car must be still to calibrate/initialize properly. Hopefully others will chime in. Refer you RX manual as well as the Radio manual. There are videos also. You might be missing a step somewhere. Need to rebind it... ?‍♂️

Last edited:
^^^ This (y)
Tv Show Christmas GIF

There is no such thing as a SR6200 to my knowledge. There is a SRS6000, SR6100 and SR6100AT.

Make sure you follow the calibration procedure as per manual and that you have AVC enabled on your DX5.

Never heard of SR6200 rx. I have the SRS6000 AVC reciever with my DX5C. It is the older style that uses a bind plug to bind. Not a button on the RX. like the new Rx's have.
What model do you have?
By default AVC is ON. Mine uses the bind Plug and a procedure to disable AVC. Check your radio AVC settings. Make sure AVC is "Assigned" not "Inhibited" in the Radio menu. Refer to your Radio manual for setting up AVC Rx's. It is specific and different than binding regular Non AVC Rx's. Also it is important make sure the RX is mounted in the RX firmly with servo tape or similar. When turning on the car/rig Radio on first then rig is on level surface and without moving it power the rig on. It takes a bit for the AVC to initialize. Car must be still to calibrate/initialize properly. Hopefully others will chime in. Refer you RX manual as well as the Radio manual. There are videos also. You might be missing a step somewhere. Need to rebind it... ?‍♂️
Thanks for the reply... I definitely have to look into things in the link to the receiver, the 6100AT was too big! Mine has the bind button, but still the same procedures. If you can suggest a vid, great!
Thanks for the reply... I definitely have to look into things in the link to the receiver, the 6100AT was too big! Mine has the bind button, but still the same procedures. If you can suggest a vid, great!
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMSR6200A
I am trying to bind my Spektrum Dx5C and SR6200 receiver in my Kraton v4. I am able to get it bound, but my AVC is not working? It worked momentarily before I turned off the truck to complete calibration. After turning it off to complete the bind...NO AVC!?

Has anyone else had this problem getting AVC to work on Kraton v4 after a successful bind? Thanks!!?!?!
This is the rx model SR6200A

@MrTJox1, did you update the Rx F/W and DX5c to the latest "Raceware" . That may be your part of the problem. Did your Rx come with DX5C???
If they were purchased separately they may need to be updated to see each other. The radio has a memory to recognize various Rx's that Spektrum makes. But if purchased as a set, then they should work fine together. Cant hurt to update the radio at least . I have done it twice on mine. Need to register the radio and Rx with Spektrums website first, then use the usb update cable interface sold separately. The Rx can be flashed separately. Once re-flashed, a fresh rebind is needed and models reassigned into model memory again.. Just some more tips.
The 6200A seems to be a new AVC rx without Telem. IDK for sure how new.

@MrTJox1, did you update the Rx F/W and DX5c to the latest "Raceware" . That may be your part of the problem. Did your Rx come with DX5C???
If they were purchased separately they may need to be updated to see each other. The radio has a memory to recognize various Rx's that Spektrum makes. But if purchased as a set, then they should work fine together. Cant hurt to update the radio at least . I have done it twice on mine. Need to register the radio and Rx with Spektrums website first, then use the usb update cable interface sold separately. The Rx can be flashed separately. Once re-flashed, a fresh rebind is needed and models reassigned into model memory again.. Just some more tips.
Thanks for that info. It's a really new receiver. I waited for two months; I ordered in October and just received it a week ago!

I originally purchased as a set with the SR 6100AT, recently got the SR 6200A b/c wasn't using telemetry and smaller w/6 channels.

Last edited:
Thanks for that info. It's a really new receiver. I waited for two months; I ordered in October and just received it a week ago!
Thats why we didnt relate to that model Rx. Its spanking new and even still on B/O right now. I have Spektrums old an some new ones. But basically AVC is setup all the same for Spektrum Rx, that have AVC. Your model is shorter than the SR6100AT. because there is no Telemetry on it. Just AVC. The 6200a does fit better in RX boxes. I relate. (y)
Did the Video's help at all??

I've never updated my transmitter...I got it in May this year. I will check on the update today. I can't register the Rx b/c the model isn't on the list yet?? I may need to give them a buzz...

I wouldnt worry about the Rx, because it is new and has the latest F/W already. Only the DX5C radio may need an update. The latest "Raceware" versions usually include the latest Rx's. But honestly, I have a gut feeling that it wont be needed, because there isn't much difference in the AVC protocol on your RX compared to other AVC's. The fact that it did bind means it is seen by the Radio. (y)

Thats why we didnt relate to that model Rx. Its spanking new and even still on B/O right now. I have Spektrums old an some new ones. But basically AVC is setup all the same for Spektrum Rx, that have AVC. Your model is shorter than the SR6100AT. because there is no Telemetry on it. Just AVC. The 6200a does fit better in RX boxes. I relate. (y)
Did the Video's help at all??
Gotta run a few errands, but will play around with it later this evening...updates coming! Thanks for all the info. This forum is a lifesaver

I wouldnt worry about the Rx, because it is new and has the latest F/W already. Only the DX5C radio may need an update. The latest "Raceware" versions usually include the latest Rx's. But honestly, I have a gut feeling that it wont be needed, because there isn't much difference in the AVC protocol on your RX compared to other AVC's. The fact that it did bind means it is seen by the Radio. (y)
^^^

If you purchased this stuff this year you should not have any Radio/RX software issues. Last release been quite a while back. Doesn't hurt to check though.

Make sure you have all trims to zero, bind the RX first (do the full throttle and steering motions per manual), next do a throttle range setup with the ESC. AVC is enabled automatically and there is nothing you need to do.
What makes you think that AVC is not working?

On the DX5 go to the AVC menu and make sure it's actually on.

Yeah, the firmware update is 11/2019. I purchased in 2020, so everything should be updated. It's weird, b/c the AVC worked for a moment, turned the ESC off to complete the bind. I turned it back on, and no steering corrections
Got some Gorilla Glue mounting tape (was using double sided foam tape). Was able to fit everything in the box and even room for a rx capacitor for my lights.

Fingers crossed on the bind and AVC working!
Got some Gorilla Glue mounting tape (was using double sided foam tape). Was able to fit everything in the box and even room for a rx capacitor for my lights.

Fingers crossed on the bind and AVC working!

20201226_175029.jpg

Yeah, the firmware update is 11/2019. I purchased in 2020, so everything should be updated. It's weird, b/c the AVC worked for a moment, turned the ESC off to complete the bind. I turned it back on, and no steering corrections
If you purchased this stuff this year you should not have any Radio/RX software issues. Last release been quite a while back. Doesn't hurt to check though.

Make sure you have all trims to zero, bind the RX first (do the full throttle and steering motions per manual), next do a throttle range setup with the ESC. AVC is enabled automatically and there is nothing you need to do.
What makes you think that AVC is not working?

On the DX5 go to the AVC menu and make sure it's actually on.
After I completed the bind and turned it back on...the steering did not correct no matter what orientations I was moving the car? I didn't make sure all trims were set to 0, will make sure all of that is square.

What do you mean by "throttle range setup with ESC"? I have CC MMX8s if that matters? Do you mean to calibrate the steering and throttle on the radio?

Last edited:
No, there is a throttle range adjust that you have to make with your ESC.

Hold a second, do you have any other items plugged in? Keep in mind that AVC takes away 2 ports and if you plug items into that it will malfunction.
Try it with only throttle and steering. Stay away from Aux 1 &2.

When AVC is active, the SR6200A receiver will use the AUX 1 and AUX 2 channels for gain control. AUX 1 and AUX 2 should be allocated for AVC when AVC is active. This is done automatically when the AVC menu is selected in your transmitter, but if you are not using the AVC menu, AUX1 or AUX2 should not be used for other mixes or to control other applications (servos, etc.) The AUX 1 and AUX 2 ports can be used in AVC mode to power a personal transponder, lights, drive servos, or operate auxiliary devices. However, AUX 1 will command steering gain, and AUX 2 will command throttle gain regardless of what is plugged into the AUX 1 or AUX 2 ports. AUX 1 and AUX 2 are not independent when AVC is active. For an independent channel, use AUX 3 or 4.

No, there is a throttle range adjust that you have to make with your ESC.

Hold a second, do you have any other items plugged in? Keep in mind that AVC takes away 2 ports and if you plug items into that it will malfunction.
Try it with only throttle and steering. Stay away from Aux 1 &2.

When AVC is active, the SR6200A receiver will use the AUX 1 and AUX 2 channels for gain control. AUX 1 and AUX 2 should be allocated for AVC when AVC is active. This is done automatically when the AVC menu is selected in your transmitter, but if you are not using the AVC menu, AUX1 or AUX2 should not be used for other mixes or to control other applications (servos, etc.) The AUX 1 and AUX 2 ports can be used in AVC mode to power a personal transponder, lights, drive servos, or operate auxiliary devices. However, AUX 1 will command steering gain, and AUX 2 will command throttle gain regardless of what is plugged into the AUX 1 or AUX 2 ports. AUX 1 and AUX 2 are not independent when AVC is active. For an independent channel, use AUX 3 or 4.
I leave AUX 1 & 2 open and only using AUX 3 & 4. I have the AUX wire from the ESC plugged in AUX 3 and lights in AUX 4. I may try the bind with only STR and THR plugged in and plug lights and Aux wire after finishing the bind.

Yes try it with only steering and ESC (Thr).
What is this Aux wire from the ESC? Never heard of one, hope it's not the plug usually used for fans?

Back