Kraton AVC Not Working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTJox1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I am trying to bind my Spektrum Dx5C and SR6200A receiver in my Kraton v4. I am able to get it bound, but my AVC is not working? It worked momentarily before I turned off the truck to complete calibration. After turning it off to complete the bind...NO AVC!?

Receiver link: https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMSR6200A

Has anyone else had this problem getting AVC to work on Kraton v4 after a successful bind? Thanks!!?!?!

Last edited:
Yes try it with only steering and ESC (Thr).
What is this Aux wire from the ESC? Never heard of one, hope it's not the plug usually used for fans?
This is it...it threw me off originally, too.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 20.45.37.png

No, there is a throttle range adjust that you have to make with your ESC.

Hold a second, do you have any other items plugged in? Keep in mind that AVC takes away 2 ports and if you plug items into that it will malfunction.
Try it with only throttle and steering. Stay away from Aux 1 &2.

When AVC is active, the SR6200A receiver will use the AUX 1 and AUX 2 channels for gain control. AUX 1 and AUX 2 should be allocated for AVC when AVC is active. This is done automatically when the AVC menu is selected in your transmitter, but if you are not using the AVC menu, AUX1 or AUX2 should not be used for other mixes or to control other applications (servos, etc.) The AUX 1 and AUX 2 ports can be used in AVC mode to power a personal transponder, lights, drive servos, or operate auxiliary devices. However, AUX 1 will command steering gain, and AUX 2 will command throttle gain regardless of what is plugged into the AUX 1 or AUX 2 ports. AUX 1 and AUX 2 are not independent when AVC is active. For an independent channel, use AUX 3 or 4.
^^^^^^ This . Absolutely Correct. Aux 1 and 2 are needed for both Th and St gain exclusively. Leave them alone un plugged>> No "signaled" devices should be used in those Rx ports. The only thing plugged into them can be a powered item like lighting -/+. Don't use a switched 3 wire device at all. Plug the Rx Cap into the bind port. That's fine.

Aux ESC wire is for an OTF control of your ESC for a setting of your choice controlled by the Radio. i.e. brake force, etc. Leave that out of the equation for now. It is optional.

^^^^^^ This . Absolutely Correct. Aux 1 and 2 are needed for both Th and St gain exclusively. Leave them alone un plugged>> No "signaled" devices should be used in those Rx ports. The only thing plugged into them can be a powered item like lighting -/+. Don't use a switched 3 wire device at all. Plug the Rx Cap into the bind port. That's fine.

Aux ESC wire is for an OTF control of your ESC for a setting of your choice controlled by the Radio. i.e. brake force, etc. Leave that out of the equation for now. It is optional.
The manual says plug AUX wire into slot 3 or 4.

Should I try binding without it plugged in at all?

Back