Average age of forum members

What is your current age?

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
37 here, had 3 nitro cars in my early 20’s. lost interest because i’d rather work and hit the clubs and bars. my 5 year old son and 10 year old daughter talked me into purchasing one which became 3 really quick. wife gets so pissed when we go to the local hobby store and spend too much money and leave her with the baby ?

Wow, haven’t thought about it in a while but I guess I’m turning 37 next month. Although, I’m still behind the curve because I thought I was turning 37 last year, thought I was 36 for an entire year when I was only 35 lol. My wife corrected me on my birthday last year “no babe, you’re turning 36”, did the math and boom instantly a year younger. ?

I’m 39, act like I’m 12, but feel like I’m 55+ since I work construction. ?

lol... you're right about that haha, i tend to lowball the cost to myself and others it so it doesn't sound too bad ??

yeah dude, this hobby is a blast. i wish id gotten into at a younger age when there were less responsibilities and more free time to enjoy it. oh well.
i don't have kids yet, but every time im out at a park running them, i make sure to bring at least two extra trucks and hand them off to any nearby kid that shows interest in it. the parents are usually more excited about it then the kids lol
Yeah, but back then brushless wasn't really on stage yet so wouldn't be as much fun... Got a nitro as my first ride as it had speed over the battery versions of the time. So glad jr wanted a ride at xmas to get US into it. He loves just working on his Granite.

Yeah that’s hard graft. Not me ?
Funny part is I’m a certified heavy equipment mechanic. Working on frozen equipment in the winter and mud holes in the summer just wasn’t for me... ?‍♂️
So I’ve been trimming houses ever since. ? at least it’s warm in the winter and dry in the summer. ?

Funny part is I’m a certified heavy equipment mechanic. Working on frozen equipment in the winter and mud holes in the summer just wasn’t for me... ?‍♂️
So I’ve been trimming houses ever since. ? at least it’s warm in the winter and dry in the summer. ?
Sounds like you did yourself a favour ?

Yeah, but back then brushless wasn't really on stage yet so wouldn't be as much fun... Got a nitro as my first ride as it had speed over the battery versions of the time. So glad jr wanted a ride at xmas to get US into it. He loves just working on his Granite.

you're right about that! lipos weren't a thing yet back then. i remember my dream truck was the hpi savage x lol..nitro

My dad ran heavy equipment from the time he was 11 to 56 when he retired from it. My grandfather had a business so he started there and eventually ended up in the Operating Engineers Union.

51 for 3 months almost to the day then 52.
Feel and act like I'm 15
Industrial maintenance keeps my brain young and open to ideas.
I would hate to guess how much I have in this hobby, no matter it is still cheaper than my other two hobbies.

I started this hobby back in 1998 and nitro was king then..... then brushless and lipo happened. I held off until 4 months ago to get my first electric... why did I wait so long..... still love my eye burning nitro though. Lol

I had a Revo 3.3 for a little while. Burned up the stock motor and got another. That one lasted a while, then I upgraded to an O.S. 21TM. Then decided I didn't want to bother with all the hassle and sold the truck. I sometimes miss the smell and sound, though.

51 for 3 months almost to the day then 52.
Feel and act like I'm 15
Industrial maintenance keeps my brain young and open to ideas.
I would hate to guess how much I have in this hobby, no matter it is still cheaper than my other two hobbies.

What kind of industrial maintenance?

Back