Average age of forum members

What is your current age?

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m 28 and I only got into RC when my 4 year old asked for an rc car, so knowing nothing I bought a cheapo one from target and let him run into things around the house. One day when it stopped turning because of driving it down the stairs I thought to myself I wonder if they make some RCs that go much faster and are of higher quality, since it was super fun trying to drive the little thing down stairs and off the kitchen table. Well that was about 3 years ago....and now here I am with 5 arrma rigs, working on my speed run typhon currently at 92mph, In the middle of a m2c swap with my Kraton and constantly bashing breaking and fixing. Thanks to growing older and moving ahead at work I can now afford stuff like this! Growing up only sucks when you have to spend it on bills!! Haha. Oh and the almost 7 year old has granite blx and loves coming out to bash. can’t wait till my 2 year old “comes of age” hahaha

So many ways to put this. Chronologically 54, mentally 12, physically 85.

Man, I feel that 100%!

Pretty sure I started with hobby grade RC's the same year I got married when I was 24, which in May will be 20 years. I'll be 44 next month.

I think I still have my first glow plug laying around here somewhere which was from my XXX-NT RTR. I still have my first RC tool set, Losi hex wrenches. That was the only truck I had for 3-4 years. I went through sooooo many arms and shock towers on that thing. If I knew what I was doing, I would have gotten the RC10GT so I could have run RPM stuff. But I went with what the LHS said was "better".

Yeah, schooling only gets a person so far. I have had a couple engineer co-ops who are insanely smart, great kids but they don’t know HOW to engineer or design. They don’t know what a ballscrew or linear bearing is or how it works or how to spec one for example. That kind of knowledge is only acquired in the field.

That comment reminds me of myself, minus the insanely smart part, lol.

I was working at a co-op job, 1 year away from graduation, and did not know how to do a proper bill of material for a fabrication. Show me a finish machined part drawing, and ask me what the raw material requirement was, and I'd look at you blankly. lol I learned a lot in those 8 months.

I'm 31, and bought my first hobby-grade RC a little over a year ago.

Back