Infraction #Avid bearing comparison - Revolution | Aura VS Ceramic Revolution for high speed runs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
Hi Guys, I am mainly a bashers but I do like to do some speed runs with my #ARRMA #v2 #Infraction!
I run Jims in my #Notorious and Fast Eddys in my #Typhon and my #KRATON since those are my bashers!!

Anyone run the #AVID Aura Revolutions vs there Ceramic Revolution bearings in your #arrma #Typhon / #Limitless or the #Infraction since these bearings are made for high speeds.. There is a huge price difference between the Ceramic vs the Aura thats for sure.
If you do have RUN them would you be so kind and let me know your thoughts and concerns @ARRMAFAMILY??

Price - Aura Revolutions $52.00
Price - Ceramic Revolution $102.00

1616330450488.png

Last edited:
I have no experience with the 2 types of Avids above.

With that....Are you looking for 120M+MPH dedicated speed runnning?
Or just a couple of speed pulls using the basher gearing on occasion? (80-90 mph)
if the latter, I doubt any ceramics will make any difference at all.
I feel ceramics are best served in the motor. For any rig. For motor durability.
Avid makes the best IMHO. If that's your choice. Having used their standard Chromium ones. Ceramics are not indestructible. And wear the same as standard quality BB's. If bashing with Cerams., drifting and all, side radial loads will get the best of ceramics just like standard BB's. Dedicated speed running at serious speeds, cerams may give you 2-3 MPH more if that. Running the Infr body is not efficient anyway for those high speeds and is what slows you down. To me not worth $50.-$100. But definitely go with Ceramic Motor bearings if you haven't already.
I have considered ceramics in my Lim. Not Infr. But I myself would search out cheaper Ceram. alternatives. To experiment with. The performance gain with Ceramic cant be justified with the price of $100. for me. I would rather spend $100. on a GT body to get more speed.
Its your wallet. And Avids are probably the best along with Boca Bearing Ceramics.
I have both a Lim and Infr..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back