Kraton Awful grinding/high pitch sound

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltyLocal

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently cracked the mount that holds the upper front arms. I’ve since replaced the mount with an aluminum HR model, but once I got her all back together and took it for a spin, I noticed this high pitch, grinding sound which gets louder with more throttle. I then thought it was the motor and pinion gears so I ordered and swapped for Arrma factory replacements.

Unfortunately, the sound is still extremely audible every time I take it for a spin. Without a video (currently away from home), can anyone recommend an issue I should check? Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

I recently cracked the mount that holds the upper front arms. I’ve since replaced the mount with an aluminum HR model, but once I got her all back together and took it for a spin, I noticed this high pitch, grinding sound which gets louder with more throttle. I then thought it was the motor and pinion gears so I ordered and swapped for Arrma factory replacements.

Unfortunately, the sound is still extremely audible every time I take it for a spin. Without a video (currently away from home), can anyone recommend an issue I should check? Thanks in advance!
Idk hard say flip it over or take wheels off ground and try hear where it's coming from.🤷🏼‍♂️

I'm guessing you ran head on into something? You might have stripped the front diff.

I'm guessing you ran head on into something? You might have stripped the front diff.
I can’t say that I did. When I ordered the motor gear, they sent me the entire center diff with the gear. I drained it and put 500k back into it, as I changed diff fluids after newly purchasing to 60k, 500k, 20k. It ran sold prior to the front arm mount cracking.

Hi all,

Did you find out what it was ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back