Axial SCX10-III

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
http://www.axialracing.com/products/axi03007

Features
  • Replica V8 engine, transmission housing and transfer case cover and protect the motor while improving scale appearance
  • Chassis tray accepts full-size, standard LiPo or NiMH batteries, with space on the side rails for running small pack sizes
  • DIG function transmission setup lets you lock the rear axle from the transmitter for front wheel drive and a tighter turning radius
  • Two-speed transmission setup option also available for high and low speeds
  • Portal axles increase ground clearance and reduce torque twist
  • Adjustable wheelbase chassis allows each driver to choose the size of their chassis
  • Inner fenders and floor sides hide internal components usually visible from the side of the chassis
  • Licensed KMC Machete 3-piece beadlock wheels provide scale looks and let you remove and replace tires without gluing
  • Officially licensed Nitto Trail Grappler tires in a new taller and wider size increase ground clearance and grip
  • Fully rebuildable, oil-filled shocks include hard anodized, threaded shock bodies, coilover springs, and an emulsion-style cap with screw for easier rebuilds
  • Clear scale Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited body with detailed interior
Some nice upgrades over the SCX10-II

I think they did a really good job on this one. Everyone will have a gripe or two, but I expect this release to be fairly well received overall.

For some reason, I'm not a fan of portals though.

Thanks for posting. I wonder what the price of this will be? Looks like they're doing things to compete with some of the TRX4 features. I hope to be in the crawler market in the summer. I'd rather not buy Traxxas, but it is on the top of my list at the moment.

My list has just been moved around.
This is going to be on the top.

Kit version is $369.99 on the Horizon website https://www.horizonhobby.com/1-10-scx10iii-jeep-jl-wrangler-w-portals-4wd-kit-axi03007
I really really really want the TRX-4 Bronco.

Thanks. So by the time you add 3 servos, transmitter, receiver, esc, and motor it's likely to be more than the RTR TRX-4. I have my eye on on the TRX4 kit that comes with the electronics but no body, and priced even with the scx10 iii. While I love the look of that Bronco as well (either color), I would really like a self painted pickup truck style body.

Their crawlers are pretty good. I have a TRX-6, real nice vehicle and fun as heck.

I know their crawlers are good and feature rich, which is why it's currently #1 on my list. I'd just rather not support them if I can get something comparable in a similar price range.

Thanks. So by the time you add 3 servos, transmitter, receiver, esc, and motor it's likely to be more than the RTR TRX-4. I have my eye on on the TRX4 kit that comes with the electronics but no body, and priced even with the scx10 iii. While I love the look of that Bronco as well (either color), I would really like a self painted pickup truck style body.

I know their crawlers are good and feature rich, which is why it's currently #1 on my list. I'd just rather not support them if I can get something comparable in a similar price range.
I'm in the situation that all I need is the 2 mirco servos and paint to complete the build.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back