Typhon Ayo post your typhon pics here for the fun of it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typhon speed car next plz!!
They are awesome!
They are awesome!
FCA721C9-65E3-46B9-9898-D4C01CBEA264.png

Ok so it said they are awesome twice for some reason

i have that setup to, monster power output.
for bashing, i would go for 20;46
for speed or faster bashing, try out 27;46
For top speed (I’d change the tyres, but up to you) give 30;40 a rip, all the gears are right here.
i recommend for anything, using SAGA gears, they aren’t cheap, but they are the best of the best, hands down.
20t here
https://www.sagacustomrc.com/store/p90/5mm_Mod_1_Pinion_gears.html
27t here
30t here
smaller center diff here (46t)
https://www.hobbytown.com/arrma-6s-blx-center-differential-set-46t-ara310989/p1252878
speed spur gear here
https://www.hobbytown.com/robinson-...ed-steel-mod-1-spur-gear-40t-rrp2640/p1200244

hope this helps man

Too cool for school, man! I don’t suppose you have a build thread on that? Would love some specifics on how you set it up. Which front splitter is that, Limitless? Same with towers and shocks?
No build thread but if I did have on on that one it would probably have 8 pages of how to screw up about 37 different ways making a custom belly pan. 😂

Wait… are these meant for dirt? Does winter shelf dust count?View attachment 204005
Very Nice!! I just got my first Typhon this week thanks to the sale. I unboxed it and liked it so much that I ordered a 2nd one and I still haven't driven the first one yet. I am actually considering buying one more before the sale ends but I also want a K6 EXB and those are on sale at AMZ for 10% off right now. I suppose the only solution is just to buy both, right?

As I have not driven this yet, does anyone know how the car does with the 53/107's vs the smaller/lighter 42/100's or GRP's?

PXL_20230126_032311914.jpg

PXL_20230126_032421439.jpg

As I have not driven this yet, does anyone know how the car does with the 53/107's vs the smaller/lighter 42/100's or GRP's?

View attachment 273552
View attachment 273553
I’ve found the 53/107’s to be a really weird tire. Not much grip compared to the same compound in the 42/100’s. I initially went for the look, but went back to the 42/100’s. Doesn’t matter which you choose as long as you run consistent sizes at all four corners. Some have found that the Hoons seem to get grippier after a few cycles.
GRP’s are a little smaller, a lot lighter, and offer better grip in my experience.
The PowerHobby Grippers can give that groovy staggered look with the same o.d. and are better on pavement than the Hoons, at least on the parking lots I’ve been on.

I’ve found the 53/107’s to be a really weird tire. Not much grip compared to the same compound in the 42/100’s. I initially went for the look, but went back to the 42/100’s. Doesn’t matter which you choose as long as you run consistent sizes at all four corners. Some have found that the Hoons seem to get grippier after a few cycles.
GRP’s are a little smaller, a lot lighter, and offer better grip in my experience.
The PowerHobby Grippers can give that groovy staggered look with the same o.d. and are better on pavement than the Hoons, at least on the parking lots I’ve been on.

Thanks for taking the time to give your thoughts as I am in the process of putting together a cart of some parts for the 3 Typhons (LOL) I have bought the past 2 weeks. I will probably pickup a set of all 3 in 42/100 to try. I already wanted some 42/100 silver hoons for my infraction so it will drift a bit better and hopefully not burn off the tires as fast.

I’ve found the 53/107’s to be a really weird tire. Not much grip compared to the same compound in the 42/100’s.
And yeah, I tried the 53/107 Silvers on one of my 2wd Slashes with the new Drag Slash 272R trans and any hard trigger pull = spinning and/or donuts. LOL. Hopefully they will do better on the heavier 4wd Typhon.

Last edited:
And yeah, I tried the 53/107 Silvers on one of my 2wd Slashes with the new Drag Slash 272R trans and any hard trigger pull = spinning and/or donuts. LOL. Hopefully they will do better on the heavier 4wd Typhon.
Just curious, how’s that 272R holding up? I upgraded my 2wd Slash with one but then I bought my first Arrma and it hasn't been run but maybe once since. Before the upgrade I scattered transmissions left, right, and center when running 3s, even with Robinson racing layshaft and idler gear and a locker. It was like run a pack, tear down, order more tranny parts, etc. Total drag, man.

Just curious, how’s that 272R holding up? I upgraded my 2wd Slash with one but then I bought my first Arrma and it hasn't been run but maybe once since. Before the upgrade I scattered transmissions left, right, and center when running 3s, even with Robinson racing layshaft and idler gear and a locker. It was like run a pack, tear down, order more tranny parts, etc. Total drag, man.
I have had one in my Rustler/Slash LCG Conversion from Jenny's since shortly after the Drag Slash launched (when I melted/locked-up an old style diff) and have had no issues yet other than it behaving a lot differently (in grass/dirt) with the 500k fluid compared to the old trans that had 100k fluids. I have since put one in my other stock chassis rustler, and bought 3 drag slashes with them when Traxxas had the sale in September.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back