Big Rock B-17 Betty build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kusher

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Notorious
  4. Voltage
so just wanted to post a few pics of my betty. Been upgrading her little by little. Well as fast as the parts get here. I hope you enjoy.

Brass diff covers front rear
Full aluminum linkage and wishbone
Aluminum drives shaft front Nd rear
Power hobby shocks
Brass Boulder bars
Brass rear counter weights.
Thats all for now but waiting for many more parts! Will post more as more comes in! 😉
20210117_001615.jpg
20210117_001601.jpg
20210116_235628.jpg
20210116_235651.jpg

Got in a few more upgrades today. Added an aluminum green skid plate and a green aluminum center gear . Also a pair of brass steering knuckles. She is starting to look absolutely beautiful. Im having a blast doing it only thing is everything is TINY. Not the easiest to work with lol. Hope you enjoy the update. More to coom soon!

20210120_132941.jpg

Its been raining here past few days so that's why my BRCC is pretty dirty also upgraded the shocks on it too.

Looks sweet, what linkages/wishbone did you use? Also what steering knuckles are those? Upgrading this little crawler is a lot of fun, but agreed, so tiny! I feel like a surgeon trying to put the wheel nuts back on :ROFLMAO:

Holy moly! you've got more invested in upgrades than the vehicle cost! That's right, I'm jealous! :love: I have to wait for the budget to stabilize again after buying a 3d printer, but some of those upgrades are on my wishlist. Looks great. (y) Should help quite a bit with rollovers having the extra weight on the bottom.

Looks sweet, what linkages/wishbone did you use? Also what steering knuckles are those? Upgrading this little crawler is a lot of fun, but agreed, so tiny! I feel like a surgeon trying to put the wheel nuts back on :ROFLMAO:
These are the links and knuckles I used. I have a ton more parts coming just sporadically cause most are from China! I do have quite a bit invested in it lol actually nore than my BRCC! It is so fun tearing it down Nd building back up. Switching everything to aluminum. Even a carbon fiber frame. Will keep posting progress thank for the love!
Screenshot_20210120-184424_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20210120-184409_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Holy moly! you've got more invested in upgrades than the vehicle cost! That's right, I'm jealous! :love: I have to wait for the budget to stabilize again after buying a 3d printer, but some of those upgrades are on my wishlist. Looks great. (y) Should help quite a bit with rollovers having the extra weight on the bottom.
And since I got it its gotten super heavy with all the brass and aluminum its crazy I am obsessed with it and building mini courses!

I'm still enjoying my mini deadbolt, trying to make a body for it from a model kit. Would like to pick up another SCX24 and start some upgrades. I've got ideas for mini courses but I'm going to have to build something outdoors. The wife gives me the look when My indoor course (living room) starts getting too elaborate. :ROFLMAO:

Thats funny I was doing the same thing in mine but no wife lol she gone. I have a shed thT is perfect to do it. Have one other good friend doing it with me. Town is tiny not many rc groups/people around here. Hard to find good bashing spots as well. I'm looking for the grey c10. They were backorder when I tried but got a low number betty which I am excited about. Everything is so small its great fun and troublesome to boot!

I get it pretty busy myself but I am severely depressed and this whole rc world has hoped an incredible amount and I am thankful to everyone for the love and support. I would say let's meet up sometime whenever your in Texas near austin! What number did you snag on the betty?

I get it pretty busy myself but I am severely depressed and this whole rc world has hoped an incredible amount and I am thankful to everyone for the love and support. I would say let's meet up sometime whenever your in Texas near austin! What number did you snag on the betty?

I don't get to Texas often (once or twice in my life so far), but if you find yourself in the 406, I'll cook you a steak (hope you like elk) 😉

Ok guys little update. Trying to add a few thing but am totally stuck on how to install new bumper. Doesn't line up from what I'm seeing but it is a scx24 bumper. Any help would be more than welcome. I love doing this but no damn instructions and this little thing is so tiny! Here are a few pics of what I'm talking about if Nyone has any suggestions 🤔.

20210122_121002.jpg

20210122_121002.jpg

Ok guys little update. Trying to add a few thing but am totally stuck on how to install new bumper. Doesn't line up from what I'm seeing but it is a scx24 bumper. Any help would be more than welcome. I love doing this but no damn instructions and this little thing is so tiny! Here are a few pics of what I'm talking about if Nyone has any suggestions 🤔.

20210122_121002.jpg

20210122_121002.jpg

Attachments

• 20210122_120943.jpg
    20210122_120943.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back