Baby Gator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrmadillo

Too Fast Too Tough For Roadkill
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Outcast 4s
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
While cutting grass yesterday evening and getting dark, noticed my 2 cats were toying with something in the garden and couldn't make it out. They usually toy with insects, frogs, snakes, and such, but first time a alligator lol. He's lucky I didn't chop him up with the mower.

Being late I wanted to pick him up to relocate him in the morning, he was so pissed because of the cats that he lunged at me mouth wide open with a hiss. Had blood on his head from the cat, so checked to see if his eyes were ok. Corralled him into a bucket, added water and brought him inside until the morning before releasing him into a canal behind my home.

Hope the little guy lives a good life as he was only about a foot long and can live for 50 years or more. When he entered the water by himself, just sat there a moment before he seen me move, then shot off like a rocket under the water and never seen again.
20200928_195402.jpg
20200928_195252.jpg
20200929_113019.jpg
20200929_113406.jpg
20200929_113412.jpg
20200929_113408.jpg
20200929_113415.jpg
20200929_113322.jpg

While cutting grass yesterday evening and getting dark, noticed my 2 cats were toying with something in the garden and couldn't make it out. They usually toy with insects, frogs, snakes, and such, but first time a alligator lol. He's lucky I didn't chop him up with the mower.

Being late I wanted to pick him up to relocate him in the morning, he was so pissed because of the cats that he lunged at me mouth wide open with a hiss. Had blood on his head from the cat, so checked to see if his eyes were ok. Corralled him into a bucket, added water and brought him inside until the morning before releasing him into a canal behind my home.

Hope the little guy lives a good life as he was only about a foot long and can live for 50 years or more. When he entered the water by himself, just sat there a moment before he seen me move, then shot off like a rocket under the water and never seen again.View attachment 102385View attachment 102386View attachment 102387View attachment 102388View attachment 102389View attachment 102390View attachment 102391View attachment 102392
Thank you for your efforts to help wildlife. Sorry to hear the cats didn’t get eaten ? I’m allergic to most pets. Worst reaction is to cats.

We saw some moose in Colorado last year. We saw a cow and her baby grazing and were able to get probably too close but they didn’t seem to mind.

7BA20507-91A3-485E-AF0D-66B19A8BE2AA.jpeg

Thank you for your efforts to help wildlife
Thanks, always loved animals and bend over backwards to help if needed! ?
You sure don't see that in Idaho.... :D
We see your potatoes! ?
I want a baby gator.
We could hook that up slick! ?
I want a Komodo Dragon, but I don't think I can afford to feed one. ?
You wouldn't need to, he would feed on you! ?
This fat beast is always around my chic's house. Not sure what it is...

View attachment 102396
Jaba the hut! ?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear the cats didn’t get eaten
This neighborhood is surrounded by water, gators are common. My neighbor was by a pond down the street with his little dog along the bank when a gator snatched him and took him under, that was it, never seen him again.

Another neighbor that walks the levee for exercise told me she was passing by a pond where she seen a gator cruising the surface with a cat in his mouth. Gators are protected here but same lady sees big gators in surrounding ponds often. One day she was walking the neighborhood levees and heard a loud shot that startled her, a few days later she saw a 8 footer floating in the pond.

Someone around here shot him because of this I imagine and because they will sun on their backyard property which is too close to home with kids and pets. Double edged sword for them.

Then there was a 12-13 year old boy that got him arm ripped off years ago near here. He was swimming with friends in one of the ponds around here, they knew he was there but went in anyway. Gator was well known, Big Joe, 10-12 foot male. It's against the law to feed them, but stupid people still do, they get accustomed to people and this is what happens.

Big Joe had to be catched and killed ?, cut his stomach open and recover boys arm that was put in ice chest and rushed to hospitol. Sadly it was too long and could not be reattached. The little boy told doctors he wanted a arm like Terminator, he took it well. Years later the little boy, now a teenager, got his wish and now has his Terminator arm. His name was DevinFunck and happened in Slidell LA, 20 miles east of NOLA, Google it if interested in his amazing story.

This neighborhood is surrounded by water, gators are common. My neighbor was by a pond down the street with his little dog along the bank when a gator snatched him and took him under, that was it, never seen him again.

Another neighbor that walks the levee for exercise told me she was passing by a pond where she seen a gator cruising the surface with a cat in his mouth. Gators are protected here but same lady sees big gators in surrounding ponds often. One day she was walking the neighborhood levees and heard a loud shot that startled her, a few days later she saw a 8 footer floating in the pond.

Someone around here shot him because of this I imagine and because they will sun on their backyard property which is too close to home with kids and pets. Double edged sword for them.

Then there was a 12-13 year old boy that got him arm ripped off years ago near here. He was swimming with friends in one of the ponds around here, they knew he was there but went in anyway. Gator was well known, Big Joe, 10-12 foot male. It's against the law to feed them, but stupid people still do, they get accustomed to people and this is what happens.

Big Joe had to be catched and killed ?, cut his stomach open and recover boys arm that was put in ice chest and rushed to hospitol. Sadly it was too long and could not be reattached. The little boy told doctors he wanted a arm like Terminator, he took it well. Years later the little boy, now a teenager, got his wish and now has his Terminator arm. His name was DevinFunck and happened in Slidell LA, 20 miles east of NOLA, Google it if interested in his amazing story.
Matt Forte was from Slidell ?? ? ⬇️

Hope the little guy lives a good life as he was only about a foot long and can live for 50 years or more. When he entered the water by himself, just sat there a moment before he seen me move, then shot off like a rocket under the water and never seen again.View attachment 102385View attachment 102386View attachment 102387View attachment 102388View attachment 102389View attachment 102390View attachment 102391View attachment 102392

A few more of them and you'd have a nice pair of boots!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back