Kraton Back to the 1250kv-

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennys

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
Had to go back to the 1250kv on 6s. The castle 1650 was overheating with a 20t pinion!
Lets see how this goes!

tempImageZtNCfU.png

I am guessing it was because I was using the Spektrum 160a. I was using it on 6s and still was shutting down. I will buy the castle esc and try it then.
Probably it.. even with a mmx8s with 1650kv. I was able to gear between 22t and 30t before breaking a sweat.. but you also have to take account of the tire weight.. my powerhobby where heavier due to being belted. I could use 23-24t without issues. Between 130s and low 140s..

I geared my Kraton 6s with MMX 8s and 1650kv motor conservatively with an 18T pinion due to the limited space I have to run my Kraton 6s. I could easily go with a higher pinion: without a fan on the motor, I got temps no higher than 108F after running full throttle runs for over 15 minutes. I've since added a high-speed fan as a safety measure if I decide to increase the pinion size.

I am guessing it was because I was using the Spektrum 160a. I was using it on 6s and still was shutting down. I will buy the castle esc and try it then.
Why would that cause the issue? The Firma 160 should be plenty powerful for that motor, no?

Why would that cause the issue? The Firma 160 should be plenty powerful for that motor, no?
I truly don't know what is going on. I was using a 20t pinion on 6s and the power was cutting off after a few short minutes.
Probably it.. even with a mmx8s with 1650kv. I was able to gear between 22t and 30t before breaking a sweat.. but you also have to take account of the tire weight.. my powerhobby where heavier due to being belted. I could use 23-24t without issues. Between 130s and low 140s..
I will be buying the mms8s soon to see how it goes with that esc. I will be snjoying the heck out of the 1250kv until it burns out.
At least you had a backup until you sort it out(y)
Looks good!👌
thank God...
Weird that it overheats...no?
i know... I though it will be a beast. But soon enough i will buy the esc from castle and put the 1650 back in it to see.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back