Notorious Back wheel stuck????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage3006

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
hello all I have a Notorious V4 and I brought Proline trenchers 3.8 I took it out yesterday for a few rums, So when I got home I decided to clean her up as I went to remove my back drivers side tire.......STUCK the others 3 came off no problem. I don’t want to break the wheel is there another why to do this without breaking the wheel thanks in advance.

Use a rubber hammer on the inside and keep turning the wheel. Softly, take your time. Happened to me too. I use loctite on the thread and let it dry before I screw on the wheel. Makes the wheels a bit stuck now and then.

Do you know if it went on smoothly?
Yes went on no problem?.
Use a rubber hammer on the inside and keep turning the wheel. Softly, take your time. Happened to me too. I use loctite on the thread and let it dry before I screw on the wheel. Makes the wheels a bit stuck now and then.
My nut.....:rolleyes:well it came off no problem just the wheel is not coming off?.

Try to push your thumbs on the wheel axle/threaded part where the nut goes on at the same time as pulling and rocking the wheel from the back with your fingers.

Has the hex slipped in the wheel or is it how it should be? If you hold the wheel on the ground and give the throttle a short jab in reverse and see if it comes free if not try forward.

Try to push your thumbs on the wheel axle/threaded part where the nut goes on at the same time as pulling and rocking the wheel from the back with your fingers.

Has the hex slipped in the wheel or is it how it should be? If you hold the wheel on the ground and give the throttle a short jab in reverse and see if it comes free if not try forward.
I will give that a try and let you know how it goes.
Yeah I get that as well sometimes too. I pull on the wheel and rock it up and down and then rotate and do it again and again until it comes off. Sometimes a surprising amount of force is needed.
Will also try that thanks.

You just need to have more persistence than the stubborn wheel. Been there. Done that. Not fun.

Depending on the wheel, (duratrax spoked wheels are notorious for this) when you tighten the wheel nut down, it can crimp a little bit of the plastic into the threads of the axle. Check for this. If it is the problem, you can bevel the inside lip of the axle hole to 45° with a hobby knife or a utility knife. Be careful not to take too much, a millimeter or so is all it needs. Bonus: this can be done while on the car to un-stick wheels if it is the problem.

Ok I tried everything wiggle here wiggle there and no good would not come off, so I decided to remove the Allen screws off the wheels, finally thanks all!
IMG_0887.jpg
IMG_0889.jpg

All together now and cleaned.
IMG_0891.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back