Back wheels won't turn... help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curdun

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
I accidentally rammed my Fury into the side of my son's Fury. Now the back wheels don't turn when the trigger is engaged. You can hear the motor turning & feel the air from it. The wheels turn by hand and are not seized up. What could be the issue here? Please help!

Did you check your spur gear and pinion gear to ensure they are intact, meshing properly and the pinion is secured to the motor shaft? Start there and then report back. If it's not one of those easier things, (ie. fixable without tearing into the gearbox), then you'll likely have to start opening up the gearbox and checking the other transmission components.

I will check that tonight. This is my first RC car and I am pretty ignorant. I am scared to start taking things apart in case I can't put it back together. I guess I have to start somewhere. Do I take off the wheel to see the spur and pinion gear?

Taking it apart is the best way to learn. Look at it like this: its not working right now, what can you do to hurt it?

Hopefully you won't have to tear it apart, but if you do, study the parts diagram, take pictures and notes and take your time.

Of course, I haven't had to tear into one yet either. But my first thought was shifting the rear end and knocking the gears out if wack.

Let us know how it goes. I don't believe anybody here will leave uou hanging.

I will check that tonight. This is my first RC car and I am pretty ignorant. I am scared to start taking things apart in case I can't put it back together. I guess I have to start somewhere. Do I take off the wheel to see the spur and pinion gear?

Take off the right rear wheel. That will give you easier access to the gear cover screws. Use the exploded diagram from the manual to guide you if you get stuck. Have a few small containers for keeping track of screws as you remove them.

This part is half the fun!

I have the same issue, I was out running it and was in the process of going backs wards and it just stopped after 20 ft. Now the back wheels don't spin. I have taken it down to the spur and pinion and they are good. Where do I find good info about the gear box, I tried and could not figure how to get it open.

First thing first don't take it apart just yet
Connect everything lift the car up aboved ground and pull the trigger
See if the driveshaft is spinning
If it does then checked where those wheels are removed them and see why the wheels is not spinning

If the drive shaft is not spinning then you know its the trans
Somwhere in that gearings is messed up
Check the dogbones

First thing first don't take it apart just yet
Connect everything lift the car up aboved ground and pull the trigger
See if the driveshaft is spinning
If it does then checked where those wheels are removed them and see why the wheels is not spinning

If the drive shaft is not spinning then you know its the trans
Somwhere in that gearings is messed up
Check the dogbones

The motor spins but not the shafts going out to the tires does not. I need help opening the gear box. Damn near took the entire car apart and could not get the gear box open.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back