Backflip lp, Backflip Redcat Kaiju and Copperhead 2 comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbobjr

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
Hey guys, the mailman just dropped off a set of the 4s model Backflip lp's. Going to try them on 6s. They look like they can take it at least as good as the dboots 6s models. Really want the weight savings and thought the might tone down some of the craziness of the OC. Btw, both backflip styles use the same wheel.
Here's some weights.
Original backflips 12 3/4 oz
Copperhead 2. 11 5/8 oz
Backflip LP. 10 1/4 oz
That's around 10oz per set. Serious weight savings if you are suffering from heat issues or want more snappy response.
Haven't used them yet and despite the pics the oc is still not rtr. May run them in the kraton however I've been destroying tires with the 4985 lately so I may just wait until I get the other parts made for the oc.
20190620_134843.jpg
20190620_134903.jpg
20190621_023135.jpg
20190621_023355.jpg

Last edited:
How are the tires holding on?
Still have the #Trenchers on but I will have the BF's this Saturday and will advise with some video! Also, my RED T-Bone Racing front Thrasher bumper came in which has been installed! I cant wait to see what my #v3 looks like with these backflips and the new bumper on.

----------------------------------------------
Stay Connected:
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz058axKQ3wzShJclEW6inA
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Uplift-RC-23...
Twitter Account:
https://twitter.com/RcUplift

Attachments

• Red TBR Bumbper.jpeg
    Red TBR Bumbper.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Finally the eagle has landed!!! My new dBoots #Backflips came in and they look pretty sick with my #justbashit 17mm Spikes and 6mm Shock Towers! I found this killer spot for some killer bashing so i will go hard ? ? ? TOMORROW until something lets loose!

V3 rED bODY1.jpg

Finally the eagle has landed!!! My new dBoots #Backflips came in and they look pretty sick with my #justbashit 17mm Spikes and 6mm Shock Towers! I found this killer spot for some killer bashing so i will go hard ? ? ? TOMORROW until something lets loose!

View attachment 51228
Ha Ha, I too get excited with a new set of skins on my RCs, no different than a set on my 1:1s. ?

View attachment 51228
Jeez those those wheel nutz your ready for a zombie invasion or what lol

@Surchaufeur - Let ask you a question, what skins do you run when you bash offroad tires and street tires do you use? Check it out - The 3.8 #Proline #Trenchers are off the chain & beefy! In my personal opinion, they were just way to big for the 6s #KRATON rig. Great jumping tires no doubt about it but the stock #ARRMA #Servos can barely turn these tires when you have them on your Kraton. Just a little heads up guys on that...

Hey guys, the mailman just dropped off a set of the 4s model Backflip lp's. Going to try them on 6s. They look like they can take it at least as good as the dboots 6s models. Really want the weight savings and thought the might tone down some of the craziness of the OC. Btw, both backflip styles use the same wheel.
Here's some weights.
Original backflips 12 3/4 oz
Copperhead 2. 11 5/8 oz
Backflip LP. 10 1/4 oz
That's around 10oz per set. Serious weight savings if you are suffering from heat issues or want more snappy response.
Haven't used them yet and despite the pics the oc is still not rtr. May run them in the kraton however I've been destroying tires with the 4985 lately so I may just wait until I get the other parts made for the oc.View attachment 41327View attachment 41328View attachment 41329View attachment 41330

Minokawa LP at 8.9 oz are pretty excellent on the Talion. Just tested today and really like the transition from pavement to grass to dirt etc. I may even like em more on than the Backflip LP for my surfaces at the house. They take every bit of the Talion on stock pinion.

The Backflip LPs worked pretty well on my Kraton 4s yesterday. In grass they may have too much traction. I can flip it on the lid at any speed with a full pull of the throttle.

The Backflip LPs worked pretty well on my Kraton 4s yesterday. In grass they may have too much traction. I can flip it on the lid at any speed with a full pull of the throttle.

The Minokawa tread has been criticized by many but I took notice when @Primarrma gave em thumbs up back in the old days when he was sending and videoing his v3 Kraton...lol. I started considering how they'd run where I go...short grass, dirt and pea gravel. I almost picked up a set of the originals back then but glad I waited. These Low Profile Minos (like the originals) are more rounded looking compared to the Katars but I'm really digging the weight. Still keeps my Talion a Talion and I never wanted to run heavy tires on it.
The tread is fine and drifts and bounces right where I feel in full control. Granted, wet grass could be totally different and I'll find out eventually but today was fun and I appreciate the "rounded" design over oak tree roots and low curbs approaching my blacktop road in my 'hood.
The Backflip LP "look" better to me but not sure they perform consistent to how I drive and on the surfaces I spend most of my time.
If I can get my gopro session to charge ?......, I'll make a show of the spot I run outside of the fence.

The Minokawa tread has been criticized by many but I took notice when @Primarrma gave em thumbs up back in the old days when he was sending and videoing his v3 Kraton...lol. I started considering how they'd run where I go...short grass, dirt and pea gravel. I almost picked up a set of the originals back then but glad I waited. These Low Profile Minos (like the originals) are more rounded looking compared to the Katars but I'm really digging the weight. Still keeps my Talion a Talion and I never wanted to run heavy tires on it.
The tread is fine and drifts and bounces right where I feel in full control. Granted, wet grass could be totally different and I'll find out eventually but today was fun and I appreciate the "rounded" design over oak tree roots and low curbs approaching my blacktop road in my 'hood.
The Backflip LP "look" better to me but not sure they perform consistent to how I drive and on the surfaces I spend most of my time.
If I can get my gopro session to charge ?......, I'll make a show of the spot I run outside of the fence.
I haven’t ran the Mino tires before, so I will take your word on them. They just seem like the treads are too shallow to give much grip other than on paved surfaces. So far these BLPs are super stable for me and track dead straight. They did traction roll more than my MX28s, but that’s kind of expected due to them being taller and more aggressive too. The MX28s have larger, less grabby blocks. The only other tires I have as grabby are the Lockups for my Typhon.

I haven’t ran the Mino tires before, so I will take your word on them. They just seem like the treads are too shallow to give much grip other than on paved surfaces. So far these BLPs are super stable for me and track dead straight. They did traction roll more than my MX28s, but that’s kind of expected due to them being taller and more aggressive too. The MX28s have larger, less grabby blocks. The only other tires I have as grabby are the Lockups for my Typhon.
What tires came on your Kraton 4s? You didn't run em at all?

The full size Minokawas are not great gripping tyres, but the work really well on sand and have decent cushion. When I was sending my cars I wanted something that would slip when it landed, rather than dig in, I did a lot of damage landing on grass, but on loose dirt the car would slide and not transfer the landing into the car as much. I actually started to enjoy the loose feel of the Minokawas, it gave the car a different action.

The best gripping tyres I've run are truggy race tyres, proline, aka, and others do great dirt racing tyres, they don't work well on wet grass though.

So far my favourite tyres are the one's on the Talion and v4 Typhon, but they don't have much cushion. The Backflips are fantastic, but very heavy, and can be hard on the rig. I've had a brand new set of copperhead 2s for months but never run them, I expect they will be the best compromise on the 6s cars.

I'd love to try the 4s wheel sets on my Talion. As @crimsonfancy suggests it's best not to go to far away from the original design of the Talion, it's the greatest Arrma there is(imho).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back