Backflip lp, Backflip Redcat Kaiju and Copperhead 2 comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The full size Minokawas are not great gripping tyres, but the work really well on sand and have decent cushion. When I was sending my cars I wanted something that would slip when it landed, rather than dig in, I did a lot of damage landing on grass, but on loose dirt the car would slide and not transfer the landing into the car as much. I actually started to enjoy the loose feel of the Minokawas, it gave the car a different action.

The best gripping tyres I've run are truggy race tyres, proline, aka, and others do great dirt racing tyres, they don't work well on wet grass though.

So far my favourite tyres are the one's on the Talion and v4 Typhon, but they don't have much cushion. The Backflips are fantastic, but very heavy, and can be hard on the rig. I've had a brand new set of copperhead 2s for months but never run them, I expect they will be the best compromise on the 6s cars.

I'd love to try the 4s wheel sets on my Talion. As @crimsonfancy suggests it's best not to go to far away from the original design of the Talion, it's the greatest Arrma there is(imho).
I actually have both sets of LP tires: the Minokawas that came on my Kraton 4S and a set of Backflip LP's I bought for my LHS. Maybe I try them on the Talion at some point but right now I can't see them being any better than the Katars. I really love how those tires handle, even as you transition from dirt to asphalt and back. I did ding one wheel up but it still functioned. I stripped a hex in another but that's one me for not checking to see if it was on tight.

@Surchaufeur - Let ask you a question, what skins do you run when you bash offroad tires and street tires do you use? Check it out - The 3.8 #Proline #Trenchers are off the chain & beefy! In my personal opinion, they were just way to big for the 6s #KRATON rig. Great jumping tires no doubt about it but the stock #ARRMA #Servos can barely turn these tires when you have them on your Kraton. Just a little heads up guys on that...
I only use my backflip lps off road and onroad plenty of traction onroad i just try to not wheelie or lunch the thing i care about my tires i just do speedruns onroad ussualy or take agressive turns

The Minokawa tread has been criticized by many but I took notice when @Primarrma gave em thumbs up back in the old days when he was sending and videoing his v3 Kraton...lol. I started considering how they'd run where I go...short grass, dirt and pea gravel. I almost picked up a set of the originals back then but glad I waited. These Low Profile Minos (like the originals) are more rounded looking compared to the Katars but I'm really digging the weight. Still keeps my Talion a Talion and I never wanted to run heavy tires on it.
The tread is fine and drifts and bounces right where I feel in full control. Granted, wet grass could be totally different and I'll find out eventually but today was fun and I appreciate the "rounded" design over oak tree roots and low curbs approaching my blacktop road in my 'hood.
The Backflip LP "look" better to me but not sure they perform consistent to how I drive and on the surfaces I spend most of my time.
If I can get my gopro session to charge ?......, I'll make a show of the spot I run outside of the fence.

I went outside of the fence and made video last night as promised. I'm not efficient at editing and couldn't get motivated afterward though I did look at the footage. I cannot find a way to enjoy the editing process until I gain proficiency.
Tonight I'll watch some trainer and beginner tutorials for the CyberLink PowerDirector software I paid for and should be able to produce soon. I said I would do this and even though I don't enjoy the cutting and compiling so far, I try to do what I say I'm gonna do as a rule. I could use included Mac software but I need to learn how to do it on my quite capable Windows PC because when I burn up this Macbook, it'll be the last Apple product I plan to ever own.

I’m sitting on my last video as well. I need hours of uninterrupted time. I just have been too busy to get it done.

I went outside of the fence and made video last night as promised. I'm not efficient at editing and couldn't get motivated afterward though I did look at the footage. I cannot find a way to enjoy the editing process until I gain proficiency.
Tonight I'll watch some trainer and beginner tutorials for the CyberLink PowerDirector software I paid for and should be able to produce soon. I said I would do this and even though I don't enjoy the cutting and compiling so far, I try to do what I say I'm gonna do as a rule. I could use included Mac software but I need to learn how to do it on my quite capable Windows PC because when I burn up this Macbook, it'll be the last Apple product I plan to ever own.

Ok. Here's the video. First time I've used PowerDirector (so don't expect much) but I think I'll like it.
Pretty basic video and a bit long but I'll learn to tighten it up. I'm using a GoPro Session and will probably order the latest GoPro soon enough. Nothing fancy; I narrate throughout.

Last edited:
Man I love how my #Backflips perform vs my Proline Trenchers in the dirt! The BF's are lot small of a tires and grips in the dirt just as well as the monster 3.8 Trenchers do! Plus, I control the vechile a lot better with the lighter tire but I still like jumping with the Prolines's even know they are a lot heavy of a tire.

Attachments

• Kraton Shot.jpeg
    Kraton Shot.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 79
  • ProLine Trechers 3.8 Tiers .jpeg
    ProLine Trechers 3.8 Tiers .jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 83
Man I love how my #Backflips perform vs my Proline Trenchers in the dirt! The BF's are lot small of a tires and grips in the dirt just as well as the monster 3.8 Trenchers do! Plus, I control the vechile a lot better with the lighter tire but I still like jumping with the Prolines's even know they are a lot heavy of a tire.
I didn't like the #trenchers. They were #toobig. The #backflips are nice but #heavy. You can run into #heatproblems. They have a ton of #grip though. I'm a huge fan of the #katars that come on the #Talion. For the #Kraton I love the #Copperhead2's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back