Kraton Backflip question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Success! Thanks everyone for the input and tips, here is what I tried and what worked.

First, I upped the punch from 5 to 9. Definitely more pick-up, but not enough to make much of a difference:

So, as @crimsonfancy suggested, I shaved a bit off the ramp to increase the take-off angle and, voila! This was literally my first (and 2nd) attempt:

I have to say, the RPM bumper really takes a beating (didn't get full rotation every time). This is gonna get expensive :)

Next, I think I'll try upping the centre diff fluid to see if I can get a quicker rotation.

Cheers!
Congrats on the accomplishment! This will become a regular thing for you in no time. One suggestion. Turn your phone sideways when recording.

Congrats on the accomplishment! This will become a regular thing for you in no time. One suggestion. Turn your phone sideways when recording.
Heh, I totally apologize for the vertical video... It was actually my GoPro mounted to my garage and turning it horizontal would have blocked half the shot, but noted :)

Nice job and glad you're now hooked! It feels expensive at first but sure enough worth it and once you get the hang of it for your truck, you'll wonder why you shouldn't try to do doubles. The higher and faster we can hit the ramp and transition, the more chance there is to react in the air. Eventually you wont need to keep the throttle hammered and can sail, tap it for rotation, and land safely. Sounds scary but higher and faster is easier after you get the first few wing mounts replaced. At least for me, I had to replace wing mounts and would buy two or three sets at a time to fit my 1:8 trucks. Now I relax, take it higher and faster and sail without flips for half the battery and when I feel confident, start doing the flip to finish off the pack. I have to warm up every new bash day to get the trigger memory and my brain back in sync.

Success! Thanks everyone for the input and tips, here is what I tried and what worked.

First, I upped the punch from 5 to 9. Definitely more pick-up, but not enough to make much of a difference:

So, as @crimsonfancy suggested, I shaved a bit off the ramp to increase the take-off angle and, voila! This was literally my first (and 2nd) attempt:

I have to say, the RPM bumper really takes a beating (didn't get full rotation every time). This is gonna get expensive :)

Next, I think I'll try upping the centre diff fluid to see if I can get a quicker rotation.

Cheers!
Did you ever up your diff fluid to notice a difference?

Did you ever up your diff fluid to notice a difference?
I can confirm that upping the centre diff fluid makes a HUGE difference in the rotational speed of the truck. It's much easier to make it wheelie and backflips are much easier (sometimes catching me by surprise). Here's a quick vid:

I can confirm that upping the centre diff fluid makes a HUGE difference in the rotational speed of the truck. It's much easier to make it wheelie and backflips are much easier (sometimes catching me by surprise). Here's a quick vid:

Nice! Great update man. Glad to hear it helped out. I put 200k in my center diff and noticed a little difference, but not a ton.

Nice! Great update man. Glad to hear it helped out. I put 200k in my center diff and noticed a little difference, but not a ton.
Up it to 500k and you’ll notice ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back