Backflip tire removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slicktmi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Has anyone tried the acetone vapor trick with the backflip tires to remove them from the rims?

Yup, that is the only way I have had any luck removing any tire from any wheel. I tried to boil them first and let them set in boiling water for almost an hour and nothing. I went to Menards bought a 5 gallon bucket with a lid and a thing of acetone pored some acetone into the bottom of the bucket, stuck a bunch of rocks in the bottom so the tires wouldn't sit in the acetone stuck the lid on the bucket and checked back a day later and they came right off.

Yup, that is the only way I have had any luck removing any tire from any wheel. I tried to boil them first and let them set in boiling water for almost an hour and nothing. I went to Menards bought a 5 gallon bucket with a lid and a thing of acetone pored some acetone into the bottom of the bucket, stuck a bunch of rocks in the bottom so the tires wouldn't sit in the acetone stuck the lid on the bucket and checked back a day later and they came right off.
Perfect i tore one of mine and the foam on another is trashed you think some shoe goo on the inside of the tear with hold it together it's a little over an inch long maybe even a little drywall tape with it

Perfect i tore one of mine and the foam on another is trashed you think some shoe goo on the inside of the tear with hold it together it's a little over an inch long maybe even a little drywall tape with it
Try BSI IC-2000.

That and high heat = destroyed Foam inserts.. NOT ALL FOAM is created equal so just cause soemoen did it with there tires don't mean yer gonna survive with yours ;)

That and high heat = destroyed Foam inserts.. NOT ALL FOAM is created equal so just cause soemoen did it with there tires don't mean yer gonna survive with yours ;)
The bucket acetone trick looks very appealing to me i have a bucket with a lid all i need is acetone 5 bucks at walmart

I seen this method but i don't think the ole lady will be too fond of me baking up some delicious backflips lol
Oh yeah, it stinks up the house real good. With the proper temps and correct timing, it does work. No foams were injured in the making of those delicious wheel cakes. The hardest part is getting the tire off the rim. They need to be done while still hot, and thick gloves are recommended. They all break free pretty clean though, and any glue residue is easily flaked off. Acetone is strong stuff, and has it's own odor issues. I guess you can bake'm, boil'm or chemically nuke'm. Each way has negatives and positives. Choose your poison and get r done.

Oh yeah, it stinks up the house real good. With the proper temps and correct timing, it does work. No foams were injured in the making of those delicious wheel cakes. The hardest part is getting the tire off the rim. They need to be done while still hot, and thick gloves are recommended. They all break free pretty clean though, and any glue residue is easily flaked off. Acetone is strong stuff, and has it's own odor issues. I guess you can bake'm, boil'm or chemically nuke'm. Each way has negatives and positives. Choose your poison and get r done.
How'd those cakes taste for ya? Lol i pick the poison that doesn't involve the wife chewing me out??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back