Kraton Backflip tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Rich Duperbash @Ole Fart51 I know this is a semi-old thread, but just got my Backflips in today, and am wondering what you're having to drill here? What's the purpose? Does anyone have a picture of this?

Thanks!

Dremel out the wheel hex hole a little or it can be difficult to get the wheel off/on. Cover over the vent hole in the wheels, then drill a new hole in the rubber of the tyre. That's all that's needed.

@Rich Duperbash @Ole Fart51 I know this is a semi-old thread, but just got my Backflips in today, and am wondering what you're having to drill here? What's the purpose? Does anyone have a picture of this?

Thanks!

Thanks!
Lots of people have vented their tires by plugging/taping over 2 rim holes and putting 2 holes in tire at 180° apart. Purpose being to keep water, sand, and dirt from being sucked in through rim whole. Any water that could get in through tire just gets flung out via centrifugal force out tire holes. Tire must have some air transfer/escape or tire would be too firm and could expand under different environmental conditions and loads. At work, but could load pictures later. Do wheels fit onto hex's? I had to file my wheel holes to fit them on easily.

Don't use a drill bit to drill tires!! You can easily destroy the foam inside, instead use a piece of 3/16 brass tubing, sharpen one end, put this in your drill and drill the two holes

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back