Kraton Backflip tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Fart51

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Talion
IMG_7068.JPG
New Arrma backflips came in today. I see several different ways to vent them and plug up the wheel vent. The 3/16 brass seems like the best way to do it. Am I correct? Or is there a better way to do it?

View attachment 6607 New Arrma backflips came in today. I see several different ways to vent them and plug up the wheel vent. The 3/16 brass seems like the best way to do it. Am I correct? Or is there a better way to do it?
The brass worked great for me with Proline tires, had a harder time with Backflips, had to really sharpen brass with razor repeatedly, still was hit and miss getting a clean hole. Did getter done though.

View attachment 6607 New Arrma backflips came in today. I see several different ways to vent them and plug up the wheel vent. The 3/16 brass seems like the best way to do it. Am I correct? Or is there a better way to do it?
You won't believe the traction those will get, but will wear fast on harder surfaces. I use a little grinder bit on my Dremel, not sure what it is called but makes nice clean little holes.

You won't believe the traction those will get, but will wear fast on harder surfaces. I use a little grinder bit on my Dremel, not sure what it is called but makes nice clean little holes.
Does the bit look like colored stone cylinder or metal. I'd like to try that on my 1/10 scale wheels first.

I used the pointed tip on my soldering iron for the tires on my Nero.
Worked great. No more water stuck in my tires...

Thanks for all the input . The 3/16 sharpend brass tubing worked best. Put perfect Lil round holes. Got to test the backflips today. Awesome tire, maybe the best tire I ever tried, very little ballooning and they grip like a sum b!+€#. Ordering some for all my trucks.

That's a good idea. I need to use that technique on my trencher x's.
Also, there's nothing wrong with a lil burnt foam...:D

I saw a video of a guy doing it this way. Went to hardware store, bought a one foot piece of tubing, cut a piece 3 inches long, sharpened it from the inside with a razor blade, put it in my drill and started drilling. Got to clean the rubber out after 3 holes, easy to do with a small drill bit.

Keep forgetting to send a pick, I will try tonight.
It's all good bro, mine are vented already. Pretty sure I know what grinding tip you're referring to. I'll try it out on older tire set. Rebuilding Kraton today, finally got everything but front turnbuckle links. Amazes me what critical parts end up on backorder....Lol.

It's all good bro, mine are vented already. Pretty sure I know what grinding tip you're referring to. I'll try it out on older tire set. Rebuilding Kraton today, finally got everything but front turnbuckle links. Amazes me what critical parts end up on backorder....Lol.
You would think with the popularity of these vehicles they would keep us well stocked!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back