Backflip vs Copperhead 2 tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltystevo

Reaction score
Is there here anyone that has used both?
Looking for some opinions on what was liked or disliked about either. I was just watching rich duberbash new kraton V4 video and that ride drifted perfectly and caught traction immediately when needed. Maybe it was just rich's driving skills ?
Eitherway looking to hear what people think about the new treads.

It's going to be tough to find someone who has used both on the same truck. I think @arrmadillo has both new trucks. Maybe he can put the backflips on his Kraton and give a comparison. You really want to compare them on the same truck.

It's going to be tough to find someone who has used both on the same truck. I think @arrmadillo has both new trucks. Maybe he can put the backflips on his Kraton and give a comparison. You really want to compare them on the same truck.
I agree but assumed people would know to do that. Assuming always gets me In trouble :rolleyes:
Thanks for adding that in bicketybam

I love the Kraton on Backflips. I swap mine regularly when I should just buy a couple of sets. I do not have experience yet with the Copperheads. I want them though!!! ;)

Haven't had the opportunity to compare tires as I just received lipo yesterday. Everyone knows the Backflips are awesome but the Copperhead 2s seem to be very good also.

Rich D just made a 2nd video on the new Kraton V4. He is very pleased the way the new tire performs. On pavement, dirt, jumps, you can see the new tire rips. IMO way better than the V3 tire.

Haven't had the opportunity to compare tires as I just received lipo yesterday. Everyone knows the Backflips are awesome but the Copperhead 2s seem to be very good also.

Rich D just made a 2nd video on the new Kraton V4. He is very pleased the way the new tire performs. On pavement, dirt, jumps, you can see the new tire rips. IMO way better than the V3 tire.
I have the v3 kraton tires on my nitro 21TM revo. They don't grip that well in grass at least. Especially damp grass. LOL!

I wonder if the new ones are as light as these though.

For those looking for a slightly lighter tire than the backflip they look like a good choice. Maybe even add a little stability and run them on the outcast.

Rich is just tearing up his new v4.
Those copperhead 2s seem so stable. They always can do it better on TV lol

The Copperhead 2s are 40 grams lighter than Backflips per tire. That's almost 6 ounces lighter on your rig. That's a substantial weight savings.

The Copperhead 2s are 40 grams lighter than Backflips per tire. That's almost 6 ounces lighter on your rig. That's a substantial weight savings.
And added power through the rotating mass weight savings!!
I just had a thought... ?
I'm gonna borrow them from my brother's V4 and see what's up

And added power through the rotating mass weight savings!!
I just had a thought... ?
I'm gonna borrow them from my brother's V4 and see what's up
Absolutely, their killer!

I'm going to look into a set for my notorious. Those backflips are very grippy, almost too much grip at times!

I have the Backflips but don't run them on bitchumen only off road and usually if the ground is a bit wet. Where I drive I find the original V3's ok most of the time. The Copperhead 2s look the goods, it will be just a matter of cost as to which I buy when they need replacing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back