Outcast Backflips, jumping, tuning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanr205

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I'm running 4s in my outcast with the 16t pinion on there and to get a good back flip I have to be going almost full throttle into a good sized jump... everything is stock other then some rpm parts on the rear. Punch control is turned to 9 what am I missing here? If I drop to the 12t pinion will I have more torque to pull it around? But then I won't get the same top speed naturally. My monster 2wd slash will backflip everything what am I doing wrong?!!!!!! Lol

So I'm running 4s in my outcast with the 16t pinion on there and to get a good back flip I have to be going almost full throttle into a good sized jump... everything is stock other then some rpm parts on the rear. Punch control is turned to 9 what am I missing here? If I drop to the 12t pinion will I have more torque to pull it around? But then I won't get the same top speed naturally. My monster 2wd slash will backflip everything what am I doing wrong?!!!!!! Lol
Have you tried it on 6s batteries? I'm guessing that will make a world of difference.

Drop 6s in and you’ll have no problem doing backflips. Off a ramp or rolling backflips. I have the 14 tooth pinion running 6s in my kraton and it’ll do rolling backflips no problem.

You need tire speed. And you need to accelerate the tires while the truck is in the air.

So try a 14t or 16t pinion. Then approach the jump at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle - on the face of the jump, go WOT. This is how I backflip my Kraton on 4s/14t at the skate park - on the small quarter-pipe (waist high) I approach at about 10mph, then WOT as the truck starts to climb the ramp. Truck generally flys about 8' - 10' up, and makes an easy flip.

did you calibrate the throttle control on the reciever? Ive seen people forget to do this and it makes a huge difference

Backflips should be no issue whether it is 4s or 6s. While 6s will obviously help, it is not needed.

Slick 2500 pointed this out the other day to another fellow owner. You have to make sure to calibrate that transmitter. I wanted to give the credit to SLICK 2500 because it was his to have
Have you checked to make sure that your transmitter is properly calibrated? On 4s my Outcast would wheelie for days.

Page 27 in the 2018 manual says throttle setup. https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/manuals/ARB10387_6S_BLX.pdf

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back