Fireteam Backlip LP vs. Backflip 6s for Fireteam?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obessedwithrc

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Talion EXB
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Typhon TLR
  7. Vorteks
  8. Infraction 4x4
I built a fully-custom Fireteam (M2C, Basherqueen, Vitavon, etc.). I haven't weighed it, but I'm sure it's much heavier than stock. It also has a stupid powerful motor in it.

In terms of driving, I don't do much speed running. I mostly use it for general bashing and big air. The place I run it at is mostly loose dirt and sand.

Curious to know—what Backflips would work best. LP's? Or the 6s version?

PXL_20221230_232801207 (1).jpg

I built a fully-custom Fireteam (M2C, Basherqueen, Vitavon, etc.). I haven't weighed it, but I'm sure it's much heavier than stock. It also has a stupid powerful motor in it.

In terms of driving, I don't do much speed running. I mostly use it for general bashing and big air. The place I run it at is mostly loose dirt and sand.

Curious to know—what Backflips would work best. LP's? Or the 6s version?

View attachment 274472
Based on your description, I'd say 6s(MT). The 4s(LP) are great for lighter rigs with stock power in my experience. I like both, but for higher speeds and a heavier rig, definitely 6s backflips.

Are there any other tires you'd recommend for a beefcaked Fireteam?

Prolines are highly regarded by many. Made in USA, if that matters to you. I haven't bought Prolines in nearly 30 years, because I'm cheap. That said, I have 30 year old Prolines that I still use today!!
I've heard of people breaking the hubs/wheels on the new "Raid" wheels that Proline is using these days, IDK but feel I should mention considering the price of Prolines.
If I could, I'd mount Proline tires to Arrma wheels, I think that would make a killer combo.
Otherwise, backflips all the way.

I prefer 3.8 proline badland LPs over 4S backflips, if you want more air control on a heavier build they offer the MX38 *comparable to 6S BFs

I have 3 sets of these, have yet to break a hub. I think people tighten them up too quickly with a power tool and crack them from the initial install honestly. Plus I’d rather break a hub than the entire wheel on a piss poor landing.

9730DD8D-76D0-4817-B06B-FE454A689BDF.jpeg

6B29E61D-2C59-4F39-A365-1940C9C3ECA2.jpeg

Last edited:
Honestly I don't think you can do better than 6s backflips unless you want belted. The stock FT tires aren't bad either. If you want some bigger belted tires I'd recommend the methodrc MT tires.

https://methodrc.net/products/terra...tires-on-array-17mm-hex-wheels-2pcs-not-glued
Cool. I have a set of the Method RC tires I've been using on my Sledge. I'll have to try those out on the Fireteam.
Prolines are highly regarded by many. Made in USA, if that matters to you. I haven't bought Prolines in nearly 30 years, because I'm cheap. That said, I have 30 year old Prolines that I still use today!!
I've heard of people breaking the hubs/wheels on the new "Raid" wheels that Proline is using these days, IDK but feel I should mention considering the price of Prolines.
If I could, I'd mount Proline tires to Arrma wheels, I think that would make a killer combo.
Otherwise, backflips all the way.
I use prolines. I have never had any issues with the hexes. For the larger 1/8th scale rigs I bought the aluminum hex upgrade.
I prefer 3.8 proline badland LPs over 4S backflips, if you want more air control on a heavier build they offer the MX38 *comparable to 6S BFs

I have 3 sets of these, have yet to break a hub. I think people tighten them up too quickly with a power tool and crack them from the initial install honestly. Plus I’d rather break a hub than the entire wheel on a piss poor landing.

View attachment 274480

View attachment 274481
They look identical to the 6s backflips. You should put those lawnmower tires on your Noto! Ha!

I have never had any issues with the hexes. For the larger 1/8th scale rigs I bought the aluminum hex upgrade.
I see, well if you ponied up for the aluminum adapter$, then you already know why they exist.
To each their own, but no way I'll ever pay Proline money unless they ditch the crappy Raid wheel design with bolt on hub adapters.. shoot, thats like tire prices for 1:1 cars🤢🤮

That too!!☝️
I have trouble with the sidewalls blowing out on the LP'S. That's with a stockish kexb, which I believe is lighter than a beefcaked Fireteam.
yes I run them on the talion and they do come unglued quite a bit but I suppose there 4s wheels and tyres really

yes I run them on the talion and they do come unglued quite a bit but I suppose there 4s wheels and tyres really
Coming unglued I can deal with, I mean the sidewalls are literally tearing apart. The tire is still glued, but the rubber is tearing. It's a specific type of use that's making it happen, scrubbing speed and/or power sliding through turns on high grip surfaces.. still great tires, just tend to get overwhelmed by 6s power and weight IMO.

Coming unglued I can deal with, I mean the sidewalls are literally tearing apart. The tire is still glued, but the rubber is tearing. It's a specific type of use that's making it happen, scrubbing speed and/or power sliding through turns on high grip surfaces.. still great tires, just tend to get overwhelmed by 6s power and weight IMO.
sounds like your getting over excited with that 6s power ;)

I agree with you 100% and I've experienced the same thing many times. At one point I used backflip lps for majority of my off road bashers. I followed the arrma forum crowd and majority of them swear backflip lps the best thing since sliced bread. I started to find out real quick that with my electronic upgrades and the way I gear I had to babysit the holy poop out of them or they were toast.

I decided to try the backflip 6s tires and fell in love. It turns out I like bigger tires anyway and the increased air control was also great. I wasn't blowing them apart anymore and I didn't have to baby them as much on top of it. They also seem to stay glued a helluva lot better too. Now I don't run lp's on a single rig. I actually had them on my truggified typhon recently but I blew up 2 of them in the same session. Now even my truggified typhon has 6s backflips.
I wrote about the Method tires here: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...on-and-mojave-bits-n-pieces.53029/post-819399

I want to try these Proline MX38's - 172mm tall, belted. $150 for a set of 4. Its not a Honda Civic Guys, WTF?!
https://www.prolineracing.com/produ....8-mt-mounted-17mm-blk-raid-2/PRO1016610.html
Man its crazy those tires actually cost more than duratrax 1/5th scale tires :ROFLMAO: :eek:

I agree with you 100% and I've experienced the same thing many times. At one point I used backflip lps for majority of my off road bashers. I followed the arrma forum crowd and majority of them swear backflip lps the best thing since sliced bread. I started to find out real quick that with my electronic upgrades and the way I gear I had to babysit the holy poop out of them or they were toast.

I decided to try the backflip 6s tires and fell in love. It turns out I like bigger tires anyway and the increased air control was also great. I wasn't blowing them apart anymore and I didn't have to baby them as much on top of it. They also seem to stay glued a helluva lot better too. Now I don't run lp's on a single rig. I actually had them on my truggified typhon recently but I blew up 2 of them in the same session. Now even my truggified typhon has 6s backflips.

Man its crazy those tires actually cost more than duratrax 1/5th scale tires :ROFLMAO: :eek:

The Damn 1/10 Methods are $120/quad. WTF is with these prices of tiny tires?! Id say it was due to Low volume production but they don't last long and the RC Hobby is like the 2nd largest "Hobby" in the World! Cars are just less than half of that (planes and drones being the largest) but its still a HUGE global industry. And Arrma makes many of them! Seriously, $35-$65 Per Tire?! And not even a kiss.

https://methodrc.net/products/terra...uck-tires-on-array-17mm-hex-wheels-2pcs-glued

These are Method 1/5 Monster Tires - $160/quad! Sold Out. LOL
https://methodrc.net/products/terra...uck-tires-on-array-24mm-hex-wheels-2pcs-glued

Okay, I may have overstated, and, I know many use the Raid wheels without issues, my apologies. 🍻
BTW civics cost more that what I drive..🤣🤣

Right?! WTF happened to Honda? My Civic SI is Bigger than an older Accord Coupe. And its bigger than this Old '99 CLK320 I have. Old MB's are Boat Anchors and deep money pits BTW - Danger Stay Away!

I LOVE my Honda's! Id like a '87 SI Coupe! Like this one. :-D

5a6a72af83614495108f61c934473cb5-2438024138.jpeg

Last edited:
The Damn 1/10 Methods are $120/quad. WTF is with these prices of tiny tires?! Id say it was due to Low volume production but they don't last long and the RC Hobby is like the 2nd largest "Hobby" in the World! Cars are just less than half of that (planes and drones being the largest) but its still a HUGE global industry. And Arrma makes many of them! Seriously, $35-$65 Per Tire?! And not even a kiss.

https://methodrc.net/products/terra...uck-tires-on-array-17mm-hex-wheels-2pcs-glued

These are Method 1/5 Monster Tires - $160/quad! Sold Out. LOL
https://methodrc.net/products/terra...uck-tires-on-array-24mm-hex-wheels-2pcs-glued

Right?! WTF happened to Honda? My Civic SI is Bigger than an older Accord Coupe. And its bigger than this Old '99 CLK320 I have. Old MB's are Boat Anchors and deep money pits BTW - Danger Stay Away!

I LOVE my Honda's! Id like a '87 SI Coupe! Like this one. :-D

View attachment 274672
Yessir! Gone are the simple,light and affordable cars!! I'll admit, an MB has never been on my radar.. not that I don't like, but rather any MB I can afford has likely already been written off as a boat anchor!!🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back