Kraton backordered blx185

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robwcormack

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Does anybody have any idea when the BLX185 esc is ever going to come in stock. I sent mine in for warranty because I was told they would be in late July. Well it's past late July and the summer is almost gone and I've been without my truck for a month now. Just curious if anyone has heard anything about when they'll be back. If I had known finding parts would be such an issue with these things I probably would have considered something else.

The bad thing is, I sent the motor too. So I'd have to buy a max6 or max8 and a new motor and be out $250-300. Then even if I could sell the new stuff I get back from them I could get maybe $90 by the time I pay ebay and paypal fees and shipping. I'm just not looking to drop that kind of money in this thing. It was ridiculously expensive to begin with and I've already upgraded a lot.

The bad thing is, I sent the motor too. So I'd have to buy a max6 or max8 and a new motor and be out $250-300. Then even if I could sell the new stuff I get back from them I could get maybe $90 by the time I pay ebay and paypal fees and shipping. I'm just not looking to drop that kind of money in this thing. It was ridiculously expensive to begin with and I've already upgraded a lot.

Ya these trucks get expensive quick and always need more cash dumped in to them. That's why my Outcast is for sale. Just not willing to keep tossing money in to the wishing well.

Not waiting for parts, but I'm building a Tekno too, because I've only ever built a Tamiya kit before. RC trucks will ALWAYS need a lot of money, no matter what the brand is. EVERYTHING will break. I'm in love with my Kraton and would had never thought you could find such a damn nice piece of art for 400 euros ($462). You get such a simple chassis with well thought layout and everything is waterproof and damn near to perfection. Thing like this could cost $600-700 and I'd still be happy to pay. Anyway. Time to start saving for a MAX 6. :D

Not waiting for parts, but I'm building a Tekno too, because I've only ever built a Tamiya kit before. RC trucks will ALWAYS need a lot of money, no matter what the brand is. EVERYTHING will break. I'm in love with my Kraton and would had never thought you could find such a damn nice piece of art for 400 euros ($462). You get such a simple chassis with well thought layout and everything is waterproof and damn near to perfection. Thing like this could cost $600-700 and I'd still be happy to pay. Anyway. Time to start saving for a MAX 6. :D

You won't be disappointed with the max6. That's what I put in my Outcast. :) its 8s capable if you dare. Haha I know the outcast motor isn't rated for it but if I had two 4s batteries I'd see what it's all about.

So if you with tekno it won’t break?
There are upgrades M2C parts. Only broke a front drive shaft. 15ft straight down on one wheel. Tekno parts are replaced at half price. Doesn’t matter if I broke them. Just send the parts to Tekno.

Last edited:
There are upgrades M2C parts. Only broke a front drive shaft. 15ft straight down on one wheel. Tekno parts are replaced at half price. Doesn’t matter if I broke them. Just send the parts to Tekno.
And who pays for shipping? I’m in Canada so there is always shipping for us here

M2C seems to have nothing for the EB48.4. :| Not that surprising though. I don't think I've seen any upgrades for Teknos anywhere. Plenty for Arrma and even more for Traxxas, HPI etc. Shipping to Finland and added VAT means you're better off buying stock parts from your own country. If only stores kept them in stock. :/ Even the parts that tend to break often, like front arms, are usually out of stock or they only have one. :/

M2C seems to have nothing for the EB48.4. :| Not that surprising though. I don't think I've seen any upgrades for Teknos anywhere. Plenty for Arrma and even more for Traxxas, HPI etc. Shipping to Finland and added VAT means you're better off buying stock parts from your own country. If only stores kept them in stock. :/ Even the parts that tend to break often, like front arms, are usually out of stock or they only have one. :/
https://www.m2cracing.com/category....538E57050D3C8B.p3plqscsfapp001?categoryId=113

:meh:As luck would have it. The blx 185 and 2050kv motor arrived as I was putting in my hobbystar 4092 1480kv motor with a max6 esc. 21T pinion to start will see how the temps hold up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back