Backorders and Preorders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PPS-RC

Very Active Member
Vendor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Nero
Hello! I figured I would take the time to explain how I do backorders, preorders, and general inventory. This way if anyone sees something is out of stock, or on preorder they know what to expect.

TLDR
If something is out of stock, it won't be for long.

Being a one man show is tough... but that's what I signed up for. That being said, I am constantly striving to keep products in stock and shipped ASAP.

I run parts in batches, and in cycles. I'm currently running motor mounts. Next up will be differential mounts. Followed by a new product or two. My cycle takes a week currently and I will keep cycle times updated as the parts catalog grows. So if something is on backorder, it won't be for long.

As the cycle rotates, I will be inserting new products as they are developed. Preorders help me gauge the batch size and interest of the new part. So when something goes on preorder, I'm inserting it at the end of the run cycle. The preorder sales funds help to buy the materials, tooling and fixturing to run large enough batches to meet demand.

Both backorders and preorders are first come, first serve. I do make enough parts to fulfil all backorders and preorders on that batch, however there may not be many/any left to put in inventory until the next cycle. Long story short, If you want something you see is out of stock ASAP, please place a backorder/preorder. It's possible that a part may not show "In Stock" for a couple weeks.

Subsequently, I may simply forget to update the website inventory. It is possible that I have the parts sitting on the shelf but I never put them into the computer inventory. I cannot guarantee that will always be the case however it does happen.

Anyway, the bottom line is... if something is out of stock, it won't be for long. If this changes and there becomes a serious backlog, or lead times change I will keep everyone updated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back