Backyard bashing with the maxx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love both of those trucks. Two different animals though you can’t compare. If I had to get one it would be the maxx, more fun to bash in small areas with.

Last edited:
From the video that rig looks like it would be a pro for front flips!! Seems to have trouble kicking the front end up at all, specially in the air.

From the video that rig looks like it would be a pro for front flips!! Seems to have trouble kicking the front end up at all, specially in the air.
Can’t get too much speed in the backyard so it noes dives. I just took the granite for a drive back there and it back flipped without even trying. I was like ohhh a back flip hahaha.

I was really thinking about one until I saw the price. I don't think I can justify paying the same amount of money for a MAXX as a 6S Rig from Arrma, from a financial point of view. Since it's been out, haven't heard any talk about it, to really warrant any of us to, 'Gotta go out and get one!' Maybe down the road I'll be able to add it to the collection! Sorry if it sounds like I'm knocking it, not my intention, I guess just speaking honestly. Thanks for the video and more insight! Hoping to see more videos when you're able!!

I gotta say that thing takes a beating... are your tires vented? Seems to have a lot of bounce on its landings.

Odd enough, the UDR is also front heavy. I wonder if this is just how they build their trucks as of late?

Seems to labor quite a bit in the grass. Which is why I haven't been driving my stampede 4x4 vxl much lately. The grass just sucks away too much speed/power. It's a blast at the skate parks though.

I gotta say that thing takes a beating... are your tires vented? Seems to have a lot of bounce on its landings.
No they are not vented. Its just my crappy driving skills that makes it bounce lol
Seems to labor quite a bit in the grass. Which is why I haven't been driving my stampede 4x4 vxl much lately. The grass just sucks away too much speed/power. It's a blast at the skate parks though.
I cant give it too much gas, one punch of the throttle and it will be all the way across the yard nailing the fence. I think this is a 65ft wide lot.

Last edited:
Was that a typo? They are NOT vented? If not I would recommend venting them if you jump often. Also try to have the speed you need before you leave the ramp and be at 1/4 throttle before take off. She will fly almost by herself lol. Great bashing man.

Was that a typo? They are NOT vented? If not I would recommend venting them if you jump often. Also try to have the speed you need before you leave the ramp and be at 1/4 throttle before take off. She will fly almost by herself lol. Great bashing man.
Yeah not vented. Thanks for the pointers I will try your method today.

You should look into tuning videos for the Maxx. Lots of them out there. Stock shock and diff fluids are way off. Some even swap springs. That thing is way too bouncy.

You should look into tuning videos for the Maxx. Lots of them out there. Stock shock and diff fluids are way off. Some even swap springs. That thing is way too bouncy.
ok just ordered 150$ of shock and diff oils, amain loves me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back