Backyard crawler couse ideas (neighborhood friendly)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1.21 Gigawatts

Reaction score
I just bought a TRX-4 Sport kit after playing with my neighbor's TRX-6. There is currently a construction sight within walking distance to drive in, but it won't be there forever. I'd like to build a crawler course in my backyard, but it needs to be neighborhood (HOA) and wife friendly. There is actually a conservation area behind my yard that I can take advantage of as long as whatever I do looks natural.

My boys and I have already started to collect rocks from the construction sight. I can also scavenge broken pallets to make wood features out of. These will probably have to be temporary though (easily set up and broken down), since whatever I do will have to look somewhat inconspicuous.

Give me some ideas for natural looking features or other features that could be easily broken down and stored in my garage.

Essentially a rock garden will work. It can be a garden that is Crawler friendly and can be made challenging and not be an eye saw at all. Won't even look l like a Crawler Comp course.
Edit:
A wooden teeter-totter painted appropriately is common. Portable if need be??. Not permnent.
Check out the many YT vids that are out there.Just need to be creative enough but stay within HOA rules or whatever I guess.

Last edited:
I know I see a lot of guys using like Styrofoam to make some stuff as you can cut and shape it and just paint it. Rocks, wood etc. I'll be working on one soon as just got my crawler yesterday and man it is a BLAST!

I used a ton of foam board from HD for my railroad layout. Very realistic looking when carved and painted up. I also used a torch to melt it outside which worked awesome.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back