"Backyard" track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrashBoom

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Mojave 4s
  7. Notorious
  8. Outcast 8s
I'm curious if anyone has built a "backyard" track? I've been entertaining the idea of building a track/bash park for my own fun and entertainment. My eyes might be bigger than my stomach here, but it sounds like a fun idea. Anyone have any experience?

I have a few acres loaned to me for running my trucks. Its in a good spot...less than three miles away from home. Grass but a few smaller trees in all the wrong spots lol and a stump to jump on.
I'm in the same boat. I think my guy will allow me to do whatever I want because the property is unused and has potential. I can borrow a stand-on *skidsteer type earth mover and maybe create some jumps and berms but I don't know where to start. ...permission I guess first but after that we'll see. lol
I hope you decide to do it and show your progress. I'd love to have a bash track that I can manipulate and maintain because where I live, there is no one into hobby grade RCs. I find myself solo more than I want to be but so it is.
Hopefully some others here have experience because I'm hugely interested and glad you've inquired..

Cool. Yeah, I'll keep you updated. We have a utility tractor with a backhoe/bucket setup I can use to carve the thing out. I think I'll at least build a few jumps to test the waters. Froze out until spring for now.

Im going to be building a small "track" next spring. I have a spot near my place where Im going to clear and build a few dirt jumps and maybe a few banked turns or something.

I have 20 acres, my son races motocross, 85 class. We pick sections of the track and bash!
The lot my house is on is 30' x 90' (suburbia ugh!). My bash session is tearing through all the neighbors front yards?

I've got a little over 4 acres. My son has set up a few jumps but no "track" per say on a small piece of the property. I mostly use my front lawn, which is maybe 1.5 acres or so, to run my Granite Mega and exercise my dog at the same time. Cool thing is that Sadie quickly learned to push our MTs back on their wheels so that she could continue the chase.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back