Bad Batch MIPs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A defect for sure.
But I saw another member here that had a fairly old MIP driver that he said fell onto a tiled floor and it broke the same way. I believe MIP changed their warranty period over the years. Been using them for 20 + years now. The 1.5 drivers are very delicate in general. Many strip the heads or crack the tips. Never broke any myself. Maybe they outsource them now???? Could be?

My MIP's have all held up very well in the last 8 months. I do keep the rubber tips on then when they are in my bag, but Ive dropped them all onto tile floor a number of times and abused them a lot. For the amount of money I spend on RC parts, 45 bucks for all 3 main drivers doesn't seem too bad. Haven't used a better handled hex driver.

I do use Protek hex nut drivers, with the exception of 1 special Klein, and they are pretty darn good for the price.

Disappointing for such pricey drivers. I caved on the MIP speed bits, but this will keep me from getting the handled drivers for sure. I’ve got Amazon specials @jondilly1974 recommended still working great after a year of use and the whole set cost less than one MIP.
Neweer's? I have a set too. I twisted one of them(2mm I think) but blame myself there. Used on the grub holding the pin secure in the 6s axle. Should have heated more and I will admit I used way more torque than it could rightfully take. And again, it didn't break but only twisted. And I only bought the MIPs because sometimes it feels good when that lhs allows me to buy things lol. That's why I think so highly of them. They canceled more sales with me than they took simply because as a noob I was buying the wrong things for the wrong reasons. Clearly more about the hobby than profits. And with a great understanding of how to get lifelong loyal customers.
Wonder if someone is selling bootlegs?
Nice theory but not the lhs. They are a Horizon rep for my area.

Last edited:
Neweer's? I have a set too. I twisted one of them(2mm I think) but blame myself there. Used on the grub holding the pin secure in the 6s axle. Should have heated more and I will admit I used way more torque than it could rightfully take. And again, it didn't break but only twisted. And I only bought the MIPs because sometimes it feels good when that lhs allows me to buy things lol. That's why I think so highly of them. They canceled more sales with me than they took simply because as a noob I was buying the wrong things for the wrong reasons. Clearly more about the hobby than profits. And with a great understanding of how to get lifelong loyal customers.

Nice theory but not the lhs. They are a Horizon rep for my area.
Yes those are the ones, price has gone up lately though. I bought a 2 set pack for as much as one is now just a few months ago.
Care to share?? I ended up with what the LHS was using. Love the handles and the shafts pull out and maybe replaced (actually didnt think about it till now). But either way im just 5-6 months having them.
These
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zxq3M5kpDnQeQ7Fy7
Here’s a link to the drivers.

https://www.amazon.com/NEEWER®-Titanium-Nitride-Driver-Wrench/dp/B00CP2GGBI/ref=sr_1_3?crid=103BOT18GDGYU&dchild=1&keywords=neewer+hex+set&qid=1630028372&sprefix=Neweer+hex%2Caps%2C183&sr=8-3

Man that sucks I'd definitely say you got a bad batch as man I've had mine a good year now and couple are even slightly bent from torquing screws down. Sucks they won't replace them as I thought they were lifetime warranty 🤔

I was not impressed with the MIP drivers especially considering what I paid for them and how they only lasted 6 months before the tips rounded off...... Never again.

Yes those are the ones, price has gone up lately though. I bought a 2 set pack for as much as one is now just a few months ago.

Here’s a link to the drivers.

https://www.amazon.com/NEEWER®-Titanium-Nitride-Driver-Wrench/dp/B00CP2GGBI/ref=sr_1_3?crid=103BOT18GDGYU&dchild=1&keywords=neewer+hex+set&qid=1630028372&sprefix=Neweer+hex%2Caps%2C183&sr=8-3

I have a set of these and other than snapping my 1.5mm trying to remove the grub screw from a pinion I didn't know had red thread lock on, they have held up longer than my MIPs did. Bought the set in November 2019 and they are still going strong. I paid $12.99 for mine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back