Kraton Bad day for me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Srt82zl1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
well while doing something I said I wouldn't do I had a horrible wreck! Hit a tree at 58mph!

Attachments

• IMG_1857.JPG
    IMG_1857.JPG
    246.1 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1858.JPG
    IMG_1858.JPG
    281.6 KB · Views: 135
well while doing something I said I wouldn't do I had a horrible wreck! Hit a tree at 58mph!
Ouch!!! I agree, don't drink and drive. Haha

I'm sure we have all been there before tho. I once let a buddy drive my modded tmaxx while working on his.... He drove it right into a concrete block.. . Was like watching it im slo-mo as my truck exploded into tons of pieces. Haha

Haven't had a drink in months lol. I was trying a speed run with my backflip tires in my neighborhood which I vowed never to do and a tree jumped in front of it lol. Parts are on backorder so I just ordered the fazon

Haven't had a drink in months lol. I was trying a speed run with my backflip tires in my neighborhood which I vowed never to do and a tree jumped in front of it lol. Parts are on backorder so I just ordered the fazon
Lol. Well did we learn a lesson? Lol. It happens man, feel for ya. Enjoy the fazon. I had a Nero, loved it when it ran without breaking. Lol

B
Brave guy I'm hearing rumors arrma might be going under!! An I've gt a outcast and typhon I need parts for which are on back order in the UK..I want the kraton but not until I know arrma's future and stock for spares are both safe

B

Brave guy I'm hearing rumors arrma might be going under!! An I've gt a outcast and typhon I need parts for which are on back order in the UK..I want the kraton but not until I know arrma's future and stock for spares are both safe
Huh, well I don't know about the rumor, but I have a Kraton and love it!! I search for parts, order a lot from ebay. Though I haven't broken anything in a while.

That'll buff right out mate !
If not... Try jrc or rc parts for you on ebay.
Or if you want to post from Aus to you try
mas hobbies.... Thats my local shop.. He had almost every arrma part in stock all the time :)

My day was not a good one either. But it looks like everything will be covered under warranty. Just bought new 3S battery two days prior. First time using it. Other one had somehow became disconnected and was damaged. So had to get another one.

Attachments

• 20170320_075325.jpg
    20170320_075325.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 20170320_075330.jpg
    20170320_075330.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 20170320_075339.jpg
    20170320_075339.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 94
My day was not a good one either. But it looks like everything will be covered under warranty. Just bought new 3S battery two days prior. First time using it. Other one had somehow became disconnected and was damaged. So had to get another one.
That's hardcore what happened the Lipo just caught fire ??

IMG_20170323_164147.jpg
IMG_20170323_164215.jpg

I always try to use hair bands, works for me in the last week that have owned the Talion.
Ouch, most of us have been there.

Not on the Talion, but have had my few bent chassis, fail safe failed on a nitro buggy, and battery shorted on a 1/5th Losi clone (X2), bent chassis and bunch of other suspension parts. Chassis alone was $150.00.

** the burned lipo cable pics are a plus, must of been scary trying to minimize the damage.

You gotta pay to play, lol...

Cheers for those who bash'em hard.

Last edited:
That's hardcore what happened the Lipo just caught fire ??
Arrma rep seems to think lipo hit spur gear. Not really sure what happened. I was on concrete running around when it happened. Got a buddy that hooked me up on my new one just in case.

Attachments

• kraton.jpg
    kraton.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 56
You got those balance connectors dangling around and if not secured correctly then for sure thats going to happen.

Just saying, rumors roll of poor ARRMA going south. This particular situation, IMO, ARRMA should not be honoring warranty. Lipos are not included with the kit, the fire originated at the battery, not ESC. Its either user error for not securing cables correctly or the lipo failed.

Hey, more power to you they are hooking you up.

You got those balance connectors dangling around and if not secured correctly then for sure thats going to happen.

Just saying, rumors roll of poor ARRMA going south. This particular situation, IMO, ARRMA should not be honoring warranty. Lipos are not included with the kit, the fire originated at the battery, not ESC. Its either user error for not securing cables correctly or the lipo failed.

Hey, more power to you they are hooking you up.

They were secured. Had them underneath the velcro straps. Will probably be turning lipos around as in picture above and trying that. I'm just glad I had a witness that has a few rc's also and knows the guy at the shop.
Only had the Kraton about 2 weeks, so didn't get a chance to abuse it.

They say it was spur gear that hit lipo, I'm not going to argue with them. Lol

I have not ever thought about securing the balance connectors. Not sure why, but it never crossed my mind. Going to have to add that to my pre-launch checklist.

I'm just glad I had a witness that has a few rc's...

They say it was spur gear that hit lipo, I'm not going to argue with them. Lol

What does it matter if you had one or ten witnesses? You can have videos for all I know.

You just confirmed it was the battery that went bad. Its not the spur gear hit the lipo, the lipo hit the spur gear. (especially if running on pavement)
Its cool that you got hooked up on this one, but it is a given that you should be responsible for covering all costs, not the company.

Would have gone hard plastic (polymer), than metal as a divider.

What does it matter if you had one or ten witnesses? You can have videos for all I know.

You just confirmed it was the battery that went bad. Its not the spur gear hit the lipo, the lipo hit the spur gear. (especially if running on pavement)
Its cool that you got hooked up on this one, but it is a given that you should be responsible for covering all costs, not the company.

Would have gone hard plastic (polymer), than metal as a divider.
Cranky Crankestine !!!!! :) Chill bruzz

IMG_20170305_174603.jpg
IMG_20170304_174722.jpg

Allright, will do.

I also had a rough day as well a few days back. On the 1/5th 4WD the pinion gear blew up. So I said, lets take out the Baja then, and within a few jumps the rear upper link snapped.

View attachment 9029 View attachment 9030

Allright, will do.

I also had a rough day as well a few days back. On the 1/5th 4WD the pinion gear blew up. So I said, lets take out the Baja then, and within a few jumps the rear upper link snapped.
Wow hardcore !!! Part of the game gotta love fixing them too :)

IMG_3356.JPG IMG_3363.JPG IMG_3389.JPG Bend stuff brake stuff what do u do. Pay to play but hopefully not to much !!!

View attachment 9029 View attachment 9030

Allright, will do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back