Bad ESC or Bad Receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbrownjr

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Kraton 6s, V4 ESC is flashing red. It appears to me that my receiver is not receiving any power. Would that be an ESC or Receiver issue(any test I can do as I do not have another receiver). I have read through the forum, but did not see any posts with what I am seeing. Thx

Kraton 6s, V4 ESC is flashing red. It appears to me that my receiver is not receiving any power. Would that be an ESC or Receiver issue(any test I can do as I do not have another receiver). I have read through the forum, but did not see any posts with what I am seeing. Thx
Do you have a seperate battery pack like for a nitro car? The ones that take 4 aa's. If you have one of those you can plug it into the battery port of the reciever or the throttle port where you esc plugs into if it lights up and turns your servo than I would start looking at the esc. But sounds like your receivers borked.

Do you have a seperate battery pack like for a nitro car? The ones that take 4 aa's. If you have one of those you can plug it into the battery port of the reciever or the throttle port where you esc plugs into if it lights up and turns your servo than I would start looking at the esc. But sounds like your receivers borked.
No, I do not have that. Heading to the hobby store, they usually have stuff laying around. Maybe I can find a receiver.

Do you have a multi-meter? Unplug the ESC from the reciever and check contacts on the side of the plug and see if the BEC is outputting a voltage.

Have you replaced either the receiver or ESC recently?

I had a similar issue where after the ESC was replaced under warranty, it would flash a red light. I did have steering however.

The fix for me was to re-calibrate the throttle for the ESC.

Check your wire (ESC to Receiver), any visible damage? Open the RX box and check if you have any water inside.
Is the ESC fan working? If yes, you most likely have power on the RX.
Only way to check is either with a DMM or a second receiver.

Check your wire (ESC to Receiver), any visible damage? Open the RX box and check if you have any water inside.
Is the ESC fan working? If yes, you most likely have power on the RX.
Only way to check is either with a DMM or a second receiver.
Ended up being a bad wire. Don't know how it happened but got her fixed up!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back