Bad esc, upgrade advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevyfreak06

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
My ESC just went on my Nero do I wait forever for a claim or do I upgrade it. I don't wanna wait forever to be running again.

The BLX is an rebranded Hobbywing. Look for max8, but you need the additional caps.
The market also have better ones, but the the price is (not) nice.

I was thinking about a max6 seeing that the nero pretty much comes with a max8. Im wondering how many people have had issues with stock esc.

17 runs and works great. How does it burn? To hot? I have only drive in snow and cold weather. The snow is cooling down everything. Maybe 1kg more weight on the truck. I will see how this truck holds in summer.

I'm in The same boat. I thought my motor was bad but it was my esc as well...Mike

@Mike'sGN-Kraton maybe you´re ESC had killed the motor....
I had damaged one motor in the past, I putted wrong settings in the ESC.
In case that the firmware of you're old ESC was worry, that could happens..

Here are 3 Neros and 1 Big Rock. No Issues concerning bicked ESC tis yet.
BUT we are not running the big pinion in case of snow or high grass. Arrma recommended the big pinion just on flat surfaces which don't have so much resistance.....

Lonee, I picked up another Nero motor (got a good deal from Amazon). Bench tested it and sure enough it does the same thing. I ended up getting some connectors and tried both motors in the Kraton and they both work flawlessly...Mike

Good deal... I am also look sometimes in the bay to pick an cheap Nero motor. Just for have parts or maybe I put it into one of my Powerboats... We will see! :)

lonee

The other day I sent my esc,receiver,and diff brain to arrma. Today while working on truck I found a wire on the motor rubbed through on the shock body. Im pretty sure that ruined the esc so now I have to send motor out. Truck only has ten runs on it not happy.

Attachments

• 20170304_125742.jpg
    20170304_125742.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 55
Thats why some guys had routes the motor cables beside the shocks.
I have done it also on our Neros. Also while moving the upper end of the shocks more to the middle.
After moving the shocks there is enough space to route the cables between shock and side plate.
At least I put an cable tie around cables and plate on one position.

The other day I sent my esc,receiver,and diff brain to arrma. Today while working on truck I found a wire on the motor rubbed through on the shock body. Im pretty sure that ruined the esc so now I have to send motor out. Truck only has ten runs on it not happy.
This is why I re-routed my wires. Moved the shocks inward and they were really close to the chock bodies!

My esc had a conniption fit after the 4th run send it to the factory they sent it back said there was nothing wrong with it but there was had the hobby shop send my old ESC back for replacement there bother spare for pretty cheap haven't had any issues since

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back