Granite Bad ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scv484

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. 4x4-Mega
Turn on Tx, connect battery, no bind beep, have steering but no throttle.

Tried 2 diff batteries
Fans were working, disconnected them
Tried throttle trim all the way both ways,
the ESC blinks when it's too high or when you hit the trigger on the tx
Took the cover off the RX and did a rebind even though it appeared to be bound already.

So it's almost like it's getting the signal, just not processing it.

PS. I've noticed that I've been having trouble getting reverse to work recently.

Anything to try that I overlooked?

Try plugging the ESC into the steering servo port on the receiver, that will tell you whether it’s the ESC or the receiver. If the server works on that port and the ESC doesn’t, that means the ESC is bad.

Try plugging the ESC into the steering servo port on the receiver, that will tell you whether it’s the ESC or the receiver. If the server works on that port and the ESC doesn’t, that means the ESC is bad.

Ok, swapped the plugs and when I turn on the ESC it just blinks. No throttle no steering from the wheel or the trigger.
Ok, swapped the plugs and when I turn on the ESC it just blinks. No throttle no steering from the wheel or the trigger.
Also tried just the servo plugged in to the ESC port. Nothing.

I went through this at exercise with Horizon a few weeks ago. Give them a call tomorrow, leave a message and they will call you back. Just tell them what it’s doing and how you checked it, have a picture of the receipt ready to send them and they will send you out another one no questions asked. They sent me 2 of the ESCs like you have, another one for the 6S and a new servo. In total it took 10 mins of my time.

Are we talking about a brushed motor and esc? Sounds like a bad motor to me if it's brushed. The motor is what beeps if it's shot there won't be any movement or beeps. You have a signal because the light changes on the esc with throttle movement. Check power to the motor with throttle movement (multi meter on motor to esc leads) or at least put power directly to the motor leads if it's brushed to see if the motor spins. Throttle trim can affect a reverse delay.

Interesting. Would have never thought about the motor. It is a brushed combo, btw.

Let me see what shakes out.

Thanks!

Agree, judging by the blinkenlights, the ESC is trying to drive the motor but nothing happens. Check the wires! A disconnected motor wire hidden under heatshrink almost drove me crazy one time.

Agree, judging by the blinkenlights, the ESC is trying to drive the motor but nothing happens. Check the wires! A disconnected motor wire hidden under heatshrink almost drove me crazy one time.
pulled the motor assy completely out. reconnected everything. everything works totally normal, except no beep and no motor response. gonna call horizon tomorrow.......wonder if they have a brushless upgrade program, lol

Are we talking about a brushed motor and esc? Sounds like a bad motor to me if it's brushed. The motor is what beeps if it's shot there won't be any movement or beeps. You have a signal because the light changes on the esc with throttle movement. Check power to the motor with throttle movement (multi meter on motor to esc leads) or at least put power directly to the motor leads if it's brushed to see if the motor spins. Throttle trim can affect a reverse delay.

You win the prize, @Cheapbastard --it was the motor -- HH sent one out and I put it in today. Its like a brand new machine, lol. guess the motor had been declining for a while (oh and reverse is back now, too)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back