Bad Experience with Common Sense RC Battery (UPDATED & SOLVED)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godfella691981

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I don't know how many people use Lectron Pro Common Sense RC brand batteries but they are overpriced and the manufacture will not stand behind the warranty.

I took my Arrma Typhon 3s BLX out for a speed run (video link below) I started having issues with the Typhon accelerating for about 50feet then slowing down, then after stopping it would take off normally again and then slow down again. I thought it was an ESC issue so I tried the battery in my Arrma Granite and got the same results. I then installed a totally different ESC in the Typhon and got the same results.

I contacted the manufacturer and they REFUSE to stand behind their product they will not replace the battery. They said the battery was good based off of me charging the battery full and giving them the voltages and resistance of each cell. I have used RCs since I was 16 I used to race and I have had a few bad batteries and this one is no different. What would it hurt them to replace it if I sent the bad battery back? It wouldn't hurt at all. I think if my review of the battery gets to enough people they might change their mind.

Here are the links to the videos, please share them and if you see the video on Twitter please re-tweet it.

Arrma Typhon 3s speed run:

Last edited:
What are the cells reading fully charged? What were the IR readings? I own 6 of these batteries and I only had two I had to get rid of because I damaged them and they puffed. I do agree they are a bit on the expensive side but overall I have been happy with them.

This one isnt damaged. The voltages were 4.16,4.18 and 4.20 at full charge after balancing and the resistance was 6ohm per cell. The battery only lasts 13 minutes and it speeds up and slows down itself. The other 2 minutes after it dumps it only runs around 10mph.

Yea they are over expensive, this battery is priced at $64.99 I was lucky and bought an RC and got it for $60. But I have 2 ERB brand 5000mah 50c batteries and they last almost 30minutes in the same RC and I only paid $40 bucks for them.

After I explained what happened with the battery through email Kyle just gave me the run around and kept saying OH THE BATTERY IS FINE. Its like he doesn't read the part about the issue happening in 2 different cars with 3 different ESC's. I am going to call tomorrow and speak to someone higher up than him.

UPDATE:

I called Common Sense RC today because this battery went flat and would not take a charge at all, at first they still claimed both of my RCs were the issue even though my 4 other batteries work fine. They did eventually agree to replace the battery, but that was only after they seen the bad reviews I posted on Amazon.
I am glad they decided to honor the warranty and replace the battery even though it was like pulling teeth, I had planned on calling eBay and Amazon to let them know about the situation and provide the proof I had that they refused to replace the battery so hopefully they would have been removed from their site. The company only does online sales so that would have been a bad thing for them.

In the end, even though they agreed to replace the battery, I would never buy another Common Sense Lectron Pro brand battery. I can't control what other people do I just hope people see this and take it into consideration when they buy their RC batteries. If you have issues with the battery plan on it being a hassle to have it replaced.

Last edited:
Those batteries are in every single hobby shop I have ever been in. I’m sorry you had a bad experience, but if you think you were on your way to putting them out of business with your Amazon reviews and YouTube video, you’re smoking crack.

Those batteries are in every single hobby shop I have ever been in. I’m sorry you had a bad experience, but if you think you were on your way to putting them out of business with your Amazon reviews and YouTube video, you’re smoking crack.
Oh no, I doubt it would put them out of business, that wasn't the plan. I just wanted to get word out that initially they did not want to honor a warranty. All is good now they finally decided to ship me a new battery and that was only after seeing the 1 star reviews I posted on every single Amazon item they are selling.

Oh no, I doubt it would put them out of business, that wasn't the plan. I just wanted to get word out that initially they did not want to honor a warranty. All is good now they finally decided to ship me a new battery and that was only after seeing the 1 star reviews I posted on every single Amazon item they are selling.

Lol ? ok.

Why didn't you bring the battery back to the hobby shop that sold it to you and let them deal with the warranty? I did that for my Super Rock Rey and a Savox servo. I talked to them and they made all the calls. You hobby shop should have done the same for you.

the lectrons are crap.

Have a pair of the 3s 5200mah and they died a quick death and only take 2300mah now.

Friend has a pair of the same packs with same issues. he also has a pair of the 2s 5200mah and they also suck and have the same issues.

will never recommend them

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back