Bad motor, I think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecg123

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Was running my big rock a couple of weeks ago and started running real slow and I heard a whining noise coming from it. Today I pulled the motor out and pinion and spur gears looked fine. I hooked the motor back up to the truck. And that was where the sound was coming from. I heard the bearings go bad in the motor regularly. Just want to make sure before I buy a new motor. Thanks

Was running my big rock a couple of weeks ago and started running real slow and I heard a whining noise coming from it. Today I pulled the motor out and pinion and spur gears looked fine. I hooked the motor back up to the truck. And that was where the sound was coming from. I heard the bearings go bad in the motor regularly. Just want to make sure before I buy a new motor. Thanks
Tighten your slipper up and see if that help.

Take the motor cap off and have look if the front or rear motor bearing are still OK or not. If so and the rest of the motor is still good all you need is replace the bearing(s).

You can also get a very good aftermarket brushless motor for a pretty good price. Stock motor is a 3660 motor and 3200kv.

Here is a good match:

SURPASS HOBBY Rocket V2 Supersonic 3660 3200KV Waterproof Brushless Motor Shaft 5mm Built-in Temperature Sensor and Sensor Port for 1/10 RC Car https://a.co/d/6D3vkzn

Bearings are shot. Will order some new bearings later. I found a new motor on Jenny’s for 36 dollars. I am going to repair the old motor for an extra. Thanks for all the help guys!!!

Bearings are shot. Will order some new bearings later. I found a new motor on Jenny’s for 36 dollars. I am going to repair the old motor for an extra. Thanks for all the help guys!!!
The motor I posted is only $5 more and is a much better motor than the stock Spektrum motor that you will get from JennysRC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back